Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Belated blog birthday

Being a muddlehead as I usually am, I just overlooked the fact that this blog is already one year old on Sep 21.

Hmm...how has this blog changed my life?

1. It got me more organized and aware of my knitting and crochet progress.
I haven't kept a journal previously so completion dates are never an issue (of course, unless that project is meant for the tiny one that threatens to arrive into this world earlier than scheduled.) But that also meant that I never have a true indication of how many projects I am into. (I still can't be exact on those counts though, unless I keep track of my FROGs or test pieces but I am getting there.)

One thing's for certain though: I am definitely venturing out a lot more such as conducting crochet & knitting sessions and starting to do more pattern writing. Who ever knew they are so much fun?

2. I made so much more new friends that I couldn't have otherwise known/met.
All those who share the passion of hand crafting. Yup, 12053 of them. (Ok, so I made up the number, but I swear I did *make* a lot of new friends!) Like the famous Lily Chin, Cherilyn from Toronto who's just had a new grandson, Siow Chin from Hong Kong, Celia from Australia who's trying to bring me into the world of spinning and so many others!

Not to mention all those who have been so gracious and generous with their offers of swaps and exchanges; you have touched me by your kindness and thoughtfulness. [You all know who you are...]

I am so blessed to have known all of you!

7 comments:

Mimi on Tue Oct 11, 11:04:00 AM GMT+8 said...

I am also happy to have known you! It's been so much fun to read your blog and see all the new exciting projects and ideas!

Agnes on Tue Oct 11, 03:57:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Happy Blog Anniversary to you! ;)

IndigoMuse on Wed Oct 12, 08:49:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Happy blogiversary! I'm really glad to have met you this year. Can't wait to see what next year brings.

Tanya

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogniversary and I'm really happy to meet you too!

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary, Emy! (The VIP didn't stand a chance. It was our bargain: let me blog the "experience" or no lesson. Voila!)

Kerstin
crazydaisy.us

yuvee on Sun Oct 16, 08:56:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Happy blog anniversary!!

Anonymous said...

Happy blog birthday!

- MJ

 

Webrings I am on

Vintagefusion Knits and Crochets Copyright © 2011 Photos and written content all by Emy unless otherwise indicated.