Friday, August 26, 2005

Happily spoilt

My dear friend Cherilyn, a Toronto knitter who I've met once in person is ever so sweet. She's always sending me handwritten postcards and little gifts. Her latest gift came in the form of this:


I always wanted to visit Canada -- maybe someday!

Next up is Kristine (who is blogless) but does the most awesome work using the sewing machine! Look at what she sent me as part of a Knit.Sew swap:


A gorgeous knitting bag that comes fully equipped with its own mini pouch and a knitting needles case! Not only that, she made it so comfortably spacious that I could tote big projects around as well! Look at those geometric prints -- did I mention that she scored these fabrics when holidaying in Lisbon?

Oh, and the tidbits too. What could a gal ask for? Thanks so much Kristine!

PS. Kristine, my mom's so green with envy. She's just decided to wipe the dust off the sewing machine and sew one for herself. LOL!


PPS. Oh, and if you still aren't sick of the chevron cushion cover photo I posted, see the twin shoot as I promised (just click on the underlined words).

6 comments:

Mimi on Mon Aug 29, 01:37:00 PM GMT+8 said...

What a wonderful bag!!!

Anonymous said...

Your mom is not the only one having bag envy, me too! Has it got a zipper? I'm dying to learn how to sew a bag with a zipper.

Megan on Mon Aug 29, 11:45:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Not sick of the chevron pillows; they're gorgeous! And that's a beautiful project bag with accessories. I've got bag envy, too!

Anonymous said...

Hi. I didn't know this blog is yours. I mean, I didn't know u r tropicalknitter. BTW, that blog was my non-knitting blog. My knitting blog is http://www.kessaknits.blogspot.com/ its kinda dead though. =)

AL

emy on Wed Aug 31, 11:03:00 PM GMT+8 said...

No. I am not tropicalknitter. Unless you refer to Singapore knitting as knitting in the tropics! LOL

Anonymous said...

You are lucky! What a fabulous knitting bag. Can you finh out what pattern it is?

 

Webrings I am on

Vintagefusion Knits and Crochets Copyright © 2011 Photos and written content all by Emy unless otherwise indicated.