Monday, August 15, 2005

3 days in a row!

This past week has been great for me! THREE incredible packages arrived at the doorstep; one after another in 3 consecutive days!

To start with:

Celia had me spinning from joy
I wanted to learn how to spin. So
Celia and I did an exchange: she vowed to get me hooked on another evil force that will ensure that my stash keeps multiplying on its own while I did some enrichment to her yarn stash.

This is what I got from her.

There are lots of things in there: brown and white slivers, poly/cotton fibers, alpaca and even optim! Not to mention a spindle of course. The colors are so much more vibrant and gorgeous than what my crappy camera could show.

To give you an idea of how much of it she sent all the way from Australia, here's another photo:

Now, I travel a lot and I think I am a fairly good packer at that. This photo is my failed attempt of putting the loot back where it belongs - into the shipping box. It certainly shows that Celia has mastery the finery of packing! I should really pick up a tip or two from her. Thanks Celia!


Secret Pal dropped off another package!
Just when I was jumping for joy, another package came in the second day. From My Secret Pal.

Just look at those lovely stamps! She must have spent a lot of time reading my blog and researching on our weather for she sent me these!

Lots of Rowan Wool Cotton in my favorite shade of pink. Also, see that ball? Apparently, that's a shade of Opal sock yarn that only came in cones which she special ordered! She is just so generous to send some to me as she read me blogging about socks! Thanks so much Secret Pal!


Susan got me grinning
Her package arrived on the third day.

We both did an exchange: pink chibis are on her wishlist and I could always have more yarn and magazines. Look at what she sent me.

Of course, there is an Adrienne Vittadini magazine with that cover pattern that I so wanted to knit. And those skeins are the to-die-for Koigu. Hmm... there's 3 of them. [Inner voiceover: Wonder if I should do more trades to get the numbers up for a Charlotte's shawl?!]

And more! (We gals always send more things than we always promise to. LOL) Look at those candies! She even got me Pez1 - a glow in the dark too! And a refill pack too. I remembered having them when I was much younger and I don't remember seeing them sold these days. I am so glad she sent me those tootsie roll and bottlecaps - I've heard so much about them and here's my chance to pop them into my mouth! Thanks Susan!

It sure feels like Christmas right now. You gals are great!

1. Yeah, just what was I thinking? I thought of clicking to Pez's site and put up that link. And now I just found the Pez Fantastic: Teddy Friends series which is just so incredibly cute too! Help!

8 comments:

Agnes on Mon Aug 15, 06:41:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Have to ask Celia to give a picture tutorial how she managed to pack so many things into the box! Lucky you ... sure it feels like Christmas with all those packages.

Laura.Y on Mon Aug 15, 10:23:00 AM GMT+8 said...

oh lucky u! :) Wonderful packages all! Do remember to show when you start spinning it out!

celia on Mon Aug 15, 11:06:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Hey, show us the spinning pictures ;)

The trick to packing it all in involves a lot of squishing the baggies between knees or heavy books (read: Yellow pages) and then sealing so u 'vacc pack' the fibre ;) you then squish and mould the baggies to fit the nooks and crannies in the box. Lots of fun!

celia

Anonymous said...

Enjoy all your new goodies!

I really want to try the Rowan Wool Cotton yarn. I heard it is fabulous!

Unknown on Tue Aug 16, 08:41:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Wow Emy, I think I have seen someone who has a bigger stash of yarn and book than I do. I think I might come a close second though.

Anonymous said...

Ooo, how wonderful to get all those packages! I love the pink Wool cotton.

emy on Wed Aug 17, 08:36:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Yes, to have them come 3 days in a row?! That just blew me away!

Now, if anyone wishes for some exchange, I'll be happy to oblige!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you liked the package. I'd send you two more skeins of that Koigu so that you could make a one shade Charlotte, but they don't have that color in that dye lot any more. That's the tough thing about Koigu -- the dye lots are so different and the stores that carry it have such unusual selections that you have to buy it when you see it or you'll never find that color again.

 

Webrings I am on

Vintagefusion Knits and Crochets Copyright © 2011 Photos and written content all by Emy unless otherwise indicated.