Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Entrelac stripes within squares

Remember last year where the craze was all about Lady Eleanor from Scarf Style, by Pam Allen?

It got me very intrigued. I love the entrelac pattern but really can't see myself spending a lot of time working a shawl like this.

So I decided to use the entrelac knitting concept and created something else instead.

On a particular day in Feb this year, I browsed some of my references then went to bed at 11pm.

However, I was so pysched up by the idea of entrelac knitting that I finally got out of bed at 2am in the wee hours of the morning to get the project started.

Crazy isn't it?

Does this ever happen to you? I mean, getting so bothered (or jazzed up) by a project or a roadblock that you just can't get to sleep; you end up forgoing sleep to be awake through the night to straighten out the problem or start a project?
midnight knitting

I had the phone placed in the picture to remind me of my crazy obsession with my crafting. The time: 6.57am.

entrelac knitting in two colour stripes

Once I manage to grasp the concept, it wasn't that hard to knit this project. (Hint: This project isn't going to turn out rectangular nor square.)

singapore entrelac knitting stripe pattern close up

I love the way the navy blue and turquoise green complements each other. And if you have been following me for a while, you will realize that I am rather a Plain Jane.

entrelac wrong side tails

The only thing I detest about entrelac knitting? Look at the amount of tails I have to tuck in!

The project is now temporarily on hold as I get distracted by the other posts.

There are so many things going on that I figured that the way to get things back on track is to blog more frequently!

0 comments:

 

Webrings I am on

Vintagefusion Knits and Crochets Copyright © 2011 Photos and written content all by Emy unless otherwise indicated.