Monday, April 20, 2009

Crochet top that is completed but is quite not...

Ok, I know the header is confusing.

Even though this crochet top requires frequent scissors use (there's cutting involved in every motif!), I still bring it out whenever I can.

crochet in Singapore cafe

The most ideal times to work on it is when I am having my latte at my favorite Spinelli's outlet. I prefer to visit the cafe during its off-peak period.

trying on in progress crochet top


That way, I can put on my WIP and see how the fit works out. I try to be discreet when trying on the project so that I wouldn't invite too much unnecessary stares. G thinks I am crazy whenever I pull off this stunt. He reckons one day I'll end up being blogged in Stomp.

trying on and testing crochet motif top

The general rule of thumb is that I try most of my outfits whenever possible during the process. Thatway, if something is not quite right, then I can make modifications immediately. (PS. Felt, this is how I get my projects to fit.)

crochet neckline close up

By seeing this picture, you'll think that I am done with the collar edging. In reality, I am. Not only did I complete the neck edging, I also did the armhole edgings. The tail ends you see are those that needed tucking in. Or so I thought.

comparison of pre and post neckline edging

Until I tried the crochet top again.

Take a look at the comparison photos -- the before (on right) and the after (on left). Before crocheting the neckline, I thought the neckline looked ok but somehow the finishing brought the neckline way higher than I would have liked.

crochet ripped back

So back to the frogpond....I have just ripped back all the way to the armholes and is back at the bustline again.

I have already have in mind a design in terms of the neckline finishing. I just need to test and see if it works. I'm very stubborn, I know. One design? I am probably destined for another frogpond trip soon!


PS. If there is any consolation for myself, I have finally gotten around to wearing my previous crocheted top several times now and have received compliments on it.

4 comments:

twinsetellen on Tue Apr 21, 08:58:00 AM GMT+8 said...

This is lovely. And I admire your persistence in getting it right!

Zia on Tue Apr 21, 10:42:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Thank you so much Emy!

You know, I have been following your blog for a couple of years now, and to get a comment from you is pretty exciting!

You do such beautiful work - that's why I enjoy your blog. :)

Judy on Thu May 07, 07:47:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment on the black crocheted shrug! Welcome back to blog world. I really like the little crocheted top you're working on, the color is one of my favorites.

emy on Fri May 15, 11:17:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Yes, coming back to blog world takes a little getting used to.

But I am hoping that my crochet run still continues! :)

 

Webrings I am on

Vintagefusion Knits and Crochets Copyright © 2011 Photos and written content all by Emy unless otherwise indicated.