Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Flash!

No, not my bellybutton.

I'm going slow on the shrug (just started ball 3) and Mr Sockie's companion is also being worked on intermittently. I hope to get to the heel tonight.

So what am I going to flash?

My FOs!

Those in the top are mine. Bottom left: hubby's mostly (apart from the brown sweater that belongs to my sister).

These are mostly garment projects that I have knitted and crocheted over the past years. (Though when I am rearranging these, I realized that a couple are missing -- such as my halter top, my mom's top etc.)

The red acrylic box contains all the baby garments (such as baby mittens, booties), scarves, socks, bags and other misc projects. Oh, and the toys are everywhere else.

I counted that I have less than 20 garments for myself (we're referring to full garments here -- socks, scarves and hats etc do not count). Hubby has 3. Mom and sister: 1 respectively. Alright, so I am going to be more productive and complete more projects this year!

Looking at the photo, I also realized that my colors have been fairly conservative. Mostly shades of pink (no hot pink yet...unless the furry scarf counts!) and blues. I am actually surprised that I only have a white garment, the camisole that I have yet been brave enough to model yet. So that means more color adventures this year!

Flash II!
There's also more yarns in the house!

Well, technically not mine since they are largely for my customers and students. How can one avoid starting more projects when they are surrounded by yarns?! (And we are not even talking about those yarns that I have accumulated for the past 10+ years!) Talk about inspiring colors and yarns!

How many garments have you knitted for yourself to date?

3 comments:

Ruth on Thu Jan 19, 03:04:00 AM GMT+8 said...

sad to say, i've only made one garment for myself (all the other ones i've given away as gifts). i've resolved to make more things for myself this year. i've already got myself a lovely v-neck sweater project just waiting for me to cast-on for it... =)

Anonymous said...

I am such a sucker when it comes to knitting garments for myself - as soon as someone says "I like it" I give away! I simply enjoy in knitting!

LadyLinoleum on Tue Jan 24, 03:45:00 AM GMT+8 said...

I subscribe to the work ethic as follows: one for you, one for me. LOL

Lots of FO's! That's awesome!

 

Webrings I am on

Vintagefusion Knits and Crochets Copyright © 2011 Photos and written content all by Emy unless otherwise indicated.