Friday, January 13, 2006

Shrugging

It's very important to commit a chart to memory. Here's why:

The *crime scene* took place at 2 particular rows and they were an eye-sore. To make things worse, they occurred at 2 repeats with double dose as the panel is repeated (see below photo.) I was determined to fix them by dropping the stitches rather than to re-knit those rows. Especially since almost every other stitch has some cabling action that makes rowing work real slow.

This shrug is now moving along quickly though I ended up not knitting much on it today. I popped over my sister's place to visit my cute little niece. Babies really do grow at an amazing speed!

PS. The first photo is more representative of the yarn color.
PPS. This yarn is going to be part of the yarn range I'll be carrying shortly.


After all those modelled shots, I am now so tempted to pull out all my knits to model and re-shoot all my FO photos! Yes, I should be praying for another bout of rainy day so that I can have some fun!

See the photos below? The exact same tank top... *sigh* Looks like I need more lessons in the photography department.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really, really like your knitting! Haven't been few days on net and you surprised me with all that stuff! Great!!!!

Mimi on Sat Jan 14, 09:52:00 AM GMT+8 said...

That shrug pattern is very pretty. I didn't see the intricate pattern in the model. I am sure it will turn into a very nice shrug.

Jen Hagan on Sun Jan 15, 11:46:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Really pretty things, but you really scared me with that first pic--I'll have nightmares now. :-)

Anonymous said...

Ok. Even I think that's a lot of stitches to drop. Brave!

celia on Mon Jan 16, 06:23:00 PM GMT+8 said...

right, so which is the real colour? :)

sorry i didn't get to meet up with you again during my trip. the rain was yucky and made getting around particularly painful. both of us got wet a couple of times and came down with sore throats and colds.. :) we'll see u next time!

celia

yarnahoy on Fri Jan 27, 11:45:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Love the pink top!
:)
Manasi

Anonymous said...

Emy, Thanks for your comment on my blog. I needed the inspiration do a new posting. I adore the shrug. Where can I find the pattern? And the cabled tank is awesome. Will add you to my list of regular bloggers!

Susan on Mon Mar 27, 05:02:00 AM GMT+8 said...

I will be moving to Singapore from USA in July. I have recently begun knitting again after a hiatus of 10 years. Such a treat to find your blog. I have much to learn and now I know there will be a good teacher in Singapore to teach me. Thanks for such an inspiring blog.

 

Webrings I am on

Vintagefusion Knits and Crochets Copyright © 2011 Photos and written content all by Emy unless otherwise indicated.