Thursday, April 19, 2007

Knitting up a tangle

Looks like meeting the April 30 deadline is going to be a breeze for some of the gals in the group. In my case, the silk blend top is halfway through.


knitted lace silk

You know how I like to try on my knitwear as I progress along. So as soon as the body's completed, I seamed the shoulders.

lace knitting instructor singapore

And can I say that the mannequin is showing off the garment than if the piece is worn on me personally? The model certainly has a great bod with the curves in the right places.

There's supposed to be sleevework and a collar to be knitted in as well as I was originally contemplating a long sleeved top. Here's a sleeve started.

begin knit sleeve

However, I am having second thoughts about it. I was thinking of converting it into a sleeveless dress or maybe a skirt to match instead. The gals are egging for the conversion too. What do you think?

While mulling over the decision, I decided to go back to my red lace mohair.


mohair red lace knit

Honestly, I think it's a bad decision. It was a UFO from last year which I didn't had many notes taken to mark where I stopped. After I finally found my spot, I knitted on happily. I was gonna announce that I have completed and is moving onto the right front when I realized the boo boo I made -- in my haste, I forgot to shape the neck edge. How careless is that?

So once again, into the frog pond it'll go. As you can see, my knitting hasn't been too productive of late!

16 comments:

Unknown on Thu Apr 19, 06:42:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Wow, it is gorgeous!! Right now, it is hard to envision it with sleeves and a collar.

Karen on Fri Apr 20, 12:30:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Oh my, that silk blend pattern takes my breath away -- it would be beautiful as a sleeveless tank.

Ruth on Fri Apr 20, 11:16:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Breathtaking! I can't imagine it any way but sleeveless.

Corvus on Fri Apr 20, 12:17:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Oh wow. I really really want one. That's gorgeous!

celia on Sat Apr 21, 03:50:00 AM GMT+8 said...

i think it is pretty sleeveless. I also think that a matching skirt may be a bit much. Just my 2 cents worth

Sheila on Sun Apr 22, 03:27:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Outstanding piece... and keep it sleeveless... is looks gorgeous... I can see it becoming a dress.

Judy on Sun Apr 22, 12:04:00 PM GMT+8 said...

OMG! This is a work of art. It will look fabulous with sleeves or without. Great job!

Hilari on Fri Apr 27, 06:19:00 AM GMT+8 said...

That is one STUNNING piece of knitwork!

Sue on Fri Apr 27, 07:29:00 AM GMT+8 said...

What a gorgeous top you have created, and I think it looks wonderful just the way it is, so I cant wait to see it after the sleeves are finished. I like the silk top of your mum's too, very nice on you. You are a wonderful knitter.

Unknown on Mon Apr 30, 10:31:00 PM GMT+8 said...

It's gorgeous!! Congratulations !! By the way, you have the same right curves as a model!! :)

Unknown on Mon Apr 30, 11:05:00 PM GMT+8 said...

did you designe it yourself?

Bess on Sun May 06, 10:18:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Could you please let us know what the pattern is for the silk blend top? That is the most gorgeous pattern I have ever seen. Thanks!

emy on Mon May 07, 12:19:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Hi Bess,

I tried to reply you but do not have your email address as your blogger profile isn't set up.

The pattern is from a Japanese pattern book. Need to go back and refer to it sometime for the cover etc as I am working off my copy pattern so that I won't have to lug my book around.

Mimi on Tue May 29, 07:33:00 PM GMT+8 said...

The pink top is so gorgeous! It looks to be an intricate pattern. Good job!

Unknown on Wed Jun 06, 11:52:00 AM GMT+8 said...

It's gorgeous and I'd love to make it! Any chance of writing up the pattern or sharing the stitch pattern given IPR issues?

Monique on Fri Sep 21, 02:23:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Please post a pic of the finished pink lace silk top. That pattern is so gorgeous. Can't wait to see the FO!

 

Webrings I am on

Vintagefusion Knits and Crochets Copyright © 2011 Photos and written content all by Emy unless otherwise indicated.