Saturday, January 20, 2007

I am still knitting...for CNY!

It's amazing how the New Year just came and went in a flash. This is a lull period since most of the gals have their holiday plans. So besides spending time with GT who was on leave, I quickly resumed knitting.



I managed to get further up the front piece of the lace mohair I had been working on.

Then it got cast aside as I remembered the Chinese New Year knits I promised to make for Mom.

Ms Turquoise grew

and grew.

Before long, she was all seamed up.

But what annoyed me was this:

This tiny bundle of yarn was all that is left of the last ball. Meaning as usual, I had to start a new ball to work on the edgings around the armholes and collar etc! Hrrmmph!

So I just left it alone and cast on for garment #2 -- that's right; she requested for 2 pieces so that she can wear on the first and second day of Chinese New Year.

Knitted in a luscious silk blend, Mom has specially picked out this yarn for its texture and highlights.

Here's a close up to show you how the yarn looks like. That is a ball of yarn in it. I am knitting this top in the round so it should be going really fast!

Speaking of Chinese New Year knits, seems like the gals are also making plans to have a hand knitted garment or two for their own use too! Effectively, that's just barely a month on the calendar!

6 comments:

Sheila on Mon Jan 22, 08:07:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Oh my I am totally loving how Ms. Turquoise is coming out... especially the detail stitching.. can't wait to see the finished lace mohair project. Happy New Year.

ColorJoy LynnH on Tue Jan 23, 04:02:00 PM GMT+8 said...

The Turquoise tank is incredible. I am new to your blog, did you mention already what pattern that was? I'm totally in love.

Zia on Tue Jan 30, 03:01:00 PM GMT+8 said...

All of your work is looking beautiful so far. Can't wait to see them all completed. :)

Corvus on Wed Feb 07, 01:03:00 PM GMT+8 said...

That aqua top is absolutely gorgeous! I applaud your skill and patience.

Shannon on Mon Feb 12, 02:10:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Oh wow, Ms Turquoise is absolutely stunning!

Jo on Thu Mar 01, 09:53:00 AM GMT+8 said...

I love the turquoise vest! The cables all flow together for a nice effect.

 

Webrings I am on

Vintagefusion Knits and Crochets Copyright © 2011 Photos and written content all by Emy unless otherwise indicated.