Tuesday, June 13, 2006

On the knitting front...

Despite my run-in with hubby's ginormous sleeves (which I am happily attaching them, *finally*), I have started a few things...

Remember this?


I have decided to knit something out of it.

Just when I am having fun and enjoying this new lace project, I decided that the lonesome ball I had won't be sufficient and a call to the supplier to order the extra yarn is in order.

Then the bombshell! The dye lot is totally out of stock!

Someone call the police! I obviously have misplaced my knitting 101 when I started this; thinking confidentally that the yarn dye lot is available since I acquired that ball just 2 months back!

In reality, I was very tempted to send it back to the frog pond but I thought it was too cruel to have that red yarn make the trip twice. So there's a plan in place to rescue this project: I am not going to rip what I already have knitted but I'll modify the pattern.


Apart from this mishap, I had fun exploring some new yarn. And I came up with this:

I like what I am seeing and feeling so far so this will be a good one for me.

Keeping my fingers crossed that it'll be completed this week!

7 comments:

--Deb on Tue Jun 13, 10:31:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Uh oh!

How about picking a completely different, contrasting color? Would that work? I don't know exactly what you have in mind, but can you stretch out the ball with stripes, or something?

Or, you can post to Knitter's Review the yarn and dyelot--maybe somebody has an extra ball you can have.

Ruth on Wed Jun 14, 02:01:00 AM GMT+8 said...

i agree, i'm sure *someone* out there has an extra ball they are willing to part with. i do have to say, the color is beautiful!
and your other project, i love the color too, and the texture. can't wait to see it finished up!
(and good luck with your hubby's sleeves!! you're almost done!) =D

KnittenKnots on Thu Jun 15, 02:58:00 AM GMT+8 said...

That red is so pretty - I'm glad to hear it isn't getting frogged - good luck!!

opportunityknits on Thu Jun 15, 10:33:00 AM GMT+8 said...

the red project is so lovely, I hope your rescue plan works. The purple cabley project is also looking good, can't wait to see what it will turn out to be.

Mimi on Fri Jun 16, 11:32:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Hope you can find a solution for your red yarn. I know how that feels...

It's nice that you are happy with your new project. Beautiful color!

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Is it the color itself, or just the dye lot? When I've had mismatching dye lots (of the same color, though) I've "blended" the yarn in by working it throughout the project. Could that be a possibility?

Peggy on Tue Jun 20, 10:37:00 PM GMT+8 said...

I know your pain... I ran out too!! You can try blending, or maybe check ebay? They might have some odds and ends. Good luck!

 

Webrings I am on

Vintagefusion Knits and Crochets Copyright © 2011 Photos and written content all by Emy unless otherwise indicated.