Thursday, May 18, 2006

SOS

A distress call...

In my case, SOS = Sick of sleeves.

It's been a week since I last blogged about the vest-turn-sweater. I have forbade myself from casting on any new projects so that I can concentrate on finishing the projects I have on hand.

In my increasing desperation to prevent any *accidental* abortion of this hubby-intended project, I casted on the second sleeve sometime during the week.


Sock knitters would understand this incident is akin to displaying signs of the SSS aka Second Sock Syndrome (in my case, *Second SLEEVE Syndrome*) .

Thank goodness for the final Champions League Match between Barcelona and Arsenal yesterday -- it was aired 2.30am Singapore time so I stayed up to keep hubby company. I am glad I watched (I rarely watch these matches) as it was so exciting. Not only that, the second sleeve has grown considerable longer by the end of the game!

The sleeves shouldn't be taking that long but they really are!

But I really believe that the projects related to *S* is not working for me this month.

Take another example. Remember the
red yarn I casted on in April? Well, that was supposed to be the start of a pair of baby shoes.


However, either I am:
(a) getting senile and just simply not reading the pattern properly
(b) the pattern's a little wonky


Whatever the case, this is how the first shoe turned out. The instructions called for the shoe to be knitted as an entire piece from back to the front. Then u oversew on one side. But looks what happens here --


Either the designer meant for the sole to be really tiny or I am mis-reading my place in the pattern. The top side is just simply too wide! Urghh!

You know what happens when such a catastrophe strikes.


A trip to the frog pond!
This yarn is being planned for a new project so off to the magazines!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I sympathize. When things don't work out, take thee to the frog pond!

Marina on Fri May 19, 05:03:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Oh, I can empathise about the sleeves as I just finished four! Now to find something more interesting to knit.

Mimi on Fri May 19, 11:34:00 AM GMT+8 said...

I think i dislike knitting sleeves, maybe too much shaping!?
Lately, I've doing a lot frogging. :(

Unknown on Fri May 19, 11:32:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Are you making the Debbie Bliss seed st booties? I've knitted a couple pair of those last year. The instruction is a bit vague, you might have to tweek it a little. I added a few rows and made it a little wider.

alltangledup on Thu May 25, 06:26:00 AM GMT+8 said...

i watched the end of the game too with hubby and it was exciting, but he wasn;t impressed when I accidentally rooted for the wrong team... but it was a good goal

Anonymous said...

Your hubby-intended project is looking very nice Becky. Too bad about the little slippers. I swear some of the people who write up the patterns are indulging in a few too many cocktails during the process.

Anonymous said...

Sorry Emy. I was on my way to visit Becky...smile

crissy on Thu Mar 08, 12:52:00 AM GMT+8 said...

buy the time i finish i have a ton of those safty pin like stitch markers along the sides of each sleeve. just to make sure i got all the decreases right LOL
i like knitting from the neck down sweaters.
someone once told me to knit both sleeves on one cicrular needle at the same time that way you get all of the shaping done the same . havent tired that one out yet . but its an idea i keep tucked away in my head for if it ever comes up meawwhile i keep knitting the seamless raglans from the neck down. just love that pattern totally .

 

Webrings I am on

Vintagefusion Knits and Crochets Copyright © 2011 Photos and written content all by Emy unless otherwise indicated.