Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The drought is almost over!

It's been more than a month since I last had a Finished Object. And the recent setbacks: additional pattern enhancement request + running out of same dyelots + an all-record low motivation has made progresses way slower. Besides, I can't really say I didn't enjoy all that time I spent planning on the students' projects -- they are all very interesting pieces!

However, I am happy to announce that the drought is finally coming to an end. Thanks to the gals pushing me on, 2 projects are now finished! (well, almost.)



I just finished off the last of hubby's vest-turned-sweater yesterday. At the same time, I almost managed to get that lovely summer tank all pieced together! [See the scale of hubby's sweater against mine?]

In fact, the summer tank would have been finished much faster-- I had to pace myself a little so that I could direct my attention on hubby's sweater.

The only areas left outstanding are the finishing touches: weaving & tucking the ends; neatening the armholes etc. If all goes according to plan, then there'll be FO photos by the end of the week.

What a better way to celebrate than to have a wholesome home-prepared chicken salad? No mayo please. I really prefer balsamic vinegar and found this great salad recipe. This is a feat for me; considering that I am largely known to be a carnivore (aka meat eater) to most of my friends.


But this is really Yummy!

PS. Thanks for your comments, gals! I figured that I had to put that red project aside for me to have a better think of how I'll approach it.

6 comments:

Catherine Kerth on Wed Jun 28, 03:14:00 AM GMT+8 said...

love the color in that! mmmm, delicious food!

KnittenKnots on Wed Jun 28, 09:10:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Wow! 2 FOs at once - can't wait for the final pics! :-)

opportunityknits on Thu Jun 29, 06:51:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Your slad looks yummy, I love salads with olive oil and garlic!

Maggie on Thu Jul 06, 11:21:00 PM GMT+8 said...

The vest turned sweater is looking divine Emy!!

That chicken salad looks so good I'm off to eat now...smile!!

Isabella on Wed Jul 12, 12:55:00 PM GMT+8 said...

The salad looks so yummy! Just like the treats you included in the dye-o-rama package! Thanks for being my pal.. i love all of it.

Becky on Fri Jul 14, 04:31:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Looking forward to seeing those fos!

 

Webrings I am on

Vintagefusion Knits and Crochets Copyright © 2011 Photos and written content all by Emy unless otherwise indicated.