Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Ms P's modelling debut!

Remember Ms P, my little niece? She's a little over 2 mths now and we decided that it might be time to kickstart her modelling career. Which we done so over the weekend.

There's the pair of
crocheted Mary Jane booties I made. It just barely fits her feet!

And with this crochet outfit consisting of a bonnet and dress, I was expecting it to be too way too big on her as it was for a 12 month old. I was wrong.

We didn't attempt to tie the ribbons under her chin as she's still little.

She's so cute in this that my sister is suggesting that a little red cape ala Little Red Riding Hood will be so cool!

We also dressed her in the suit I test knitted for Figheadh. It's still a little big on her (notice the sleeves and the pants) and she should still be able to wear it for a while.

By then, I was pretty upset as I realized that she's getting a little too grown up to even fit into some of the items I knitted/crocheted.

Take this set, for example:

And this:

Both are basically too small. She can't even put her feet into the white booties!

Moral of the story: If you have something hand knitted or crocheted, give it to the recipient and have them use it immediately!

Hmm...looks like I'll have to hold a toddlers KAL soon to keep up with her growth!

14 comments:

Toni on Tue Feb 14, 02:54:00 PM GMT+8 said...

She's so darling! The things you've made for her (whether they fit or not :) are adorable too.

Agnes on Tue Feb 14, 03:41:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Wow ... this post is really cuteness overloaded! ;)
Hey emy, I read about you in knit.1 magazine ... even saw your picture! Nice "meeting" you! ;)

Anonymous said...

Now, what a really great model Ms. P is, she's so cute, such a darling! Wonderful work you've done with the booties, the color is so lovely as well! Great work done! Best wishes from Austria!

Marina on Tue Feb 14, 07:22:00 PM GMT+8 said...

She's gorgeous. Your work is lovely. Lucky Ms. P

Jen Hagan on Tue Feb 14, 09:57:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Beautiful! She looks like she's mad at you for putting Lachlann on her, though, I must say! Maybe she'll like it later! Lucky little one to have an auntie making such pretty things for her.

Anonymous said...

Ms. P is such a cutie! The things you made are beautiful, even if some of them don't fit.

Anonymous said...

She is lovely and such a great little model. The little Mary Jane's are so cute with the little flower.

Anonymous said...

She is just adorable, as is the skirt and booties! I did the exact same thing this christmas, waited to long giving a way baby clothes, so he was to big when I gave him the sweater. :-( well, fun to knit anyway

Anonymous said...

I'm sure she'll not be short of toddler knitted/crocheted outfits!

Anonymous said...

Hi Emy! Ms P is adorable!! I absolutely love the Mary Jane booties you made for her as well as everything else. What a lucky little girl to have and Auntie like you!!

Chie on Fri Feb 17, 09:33:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Both Ms P and your little crochet works are soooooo CUTE!

celia on Tue Feb 21, 05:07:00 AM GMT+8 said...

beautiful shrug!
impressive

Mimi on Tue Feb 21, 01:01:00 PM GMT+8 said...

How nice that you can knit or crochet for your niece! All the pieces are adorable , and the baby too.

Unknown on Thu Feb 23, 01:51:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Oh man! That is just the cutest little model I've ever seen! The clothing she's modeling is also very cute.

 

Webrings I am on

Vintagefusion Knits and Crochets Copyright © 2011 Photos and written content all by Emy unless otherwise indicated.