Friday, December 16, 2005

Debut

It was a delightful visit at my Mom's this week. I *finally* managed to retrieve the sweater that I made my sis during my first year of knitting. (Imagine, that's ten years ago!) Here it is, lying flat...




To give you an idea why it was gifted to my sister, take a look at this (model caught in the act of unpreparedness - me!)


As you can tell, the item was knitted up on a fairly loose gauge with great drapeyness which really made it:

a. hang on me, making me scarecrow-looking.

b. renders me a *stick woman* with no front and bums.

Well, you get the idea.

But it absolutely looks great on her! She has the sweater in the clinic where she's working to keep out the cold. It's definitely a frequent wear item as the surface is pilling terribly (which is why I took it back, to remove the pills.) It's knitted from some Japanese yarn that has linen in it so it makes for a very acceptable garment on rainy days here as it doesn't overwhelm her with warmth like wool would.

I would have loved to show you how it looks on her but my sister has declined this photo shoot request due to her post-pregnancy figure.

Ok, so no sister photo. But a photo of my little niece should be fine huh?


That's her. With pouty lips...

I wonder if she was trying to convey that she's fed up with me as she didn't manage to yet wear any of the hand knitted or crochet items that I made her. Or perhaps that little tot figures she'll be on my blog for the world to see? Maybe she is just trying to suck up to her great-grandmother, who was carrying her at that moment. Duh, or am I just simply thinking too much...she's just hungry for milk? Eh.... it's anyone's guess.

And just before I am leaving for my trip this weekend, here's a shot of a project that I'm trying to complete and mail out. Not that this photo shows you what the final item may be... (grin)

Well, I ought to be going... there's definitely more than one project that I'll be bringing along with me for the trip! Ha! Wish me luck and I'll post if I could have internet access. Else catch you all when I come back!

4 comments:

Toni on Sat Dec 17, 03:34:00 AM GMT+8 said...

She is sooooo precious!

Vicki on Sat Dec 17, 05:51:00 AM GMT+8 said...

You're niece is so cute!!

Anonymous said...

Your niece is so cute!!

Anonymous said...

Awwwwe.... what a cute little neice you have!

 

Webrings I am on

Vintagefusion Knits and Crochets Copyright © 2011 Photos and written content all by Emy unless otherwise indicated.