Saturday, May 14, 2005

Huff and puff

Lately, I've been busy, busy, busy.
With the apartment renovations.
Learning new crafts.
Gaining momentum in life.

But nevertheless, I've been knitting and crocheting.

Remember the plastic canvas bag that needs to undergo cosmetic surgery? Here's a closeup of the new edging I did.


I think the bag straps will be done in pink to complement the bag design as using burgundy or grey may just result in the strap blending into the background.


And here's a mindless project I started yesterday when I was out shopping. (Yeah, you heard me: I never go out without a project, even when I am out shopping.)


Hoodie was getting a little too clumsy for me to KIP (knit in public). I like how this pattern stitch is turning out in the round. Just a tiny pouch.

Speaking of shopping, I bought this:


Any surprise? Though I have lived the past 9 years happily with my bent needles, the beaded purse clasp just refuse to cooperate with them, belittling me. You know I do rise to the occasions, no? So I just did my shopping trip for the Chibi and also bought more purse clasps too! LOL. I am just asking for trouble, ain't I?


We had a Knit & Stitch session this afternoon. Not only did I manage to finish the hood, I even managed to attach one sleeve on. It's a one-arm knight at this stage.


Here comes the debate: To zip or toggle?
Though the original called for a zipper to be installed, this yarn I am using is quite stretchy. My concern is whether it is going to be a task getting the zipper on. Instead, I am thinking of using toggle buttons ala Mandarin style to accessorize. Maybe 3 sets closer to the top to get some closure. What do you think? There's time for debate and conclusion as I work on attaching sleeve #2 and work on all much needed ribbings.

Maybe once we move into our apartment and settle in, I can get back to my leisurely pace again.

6 comments:

Toni on Sun May 15, 02:18:00 AM GMT+8 said...

You've been a busy girl! My vote is zipper--just use lots of pins and work on a table so the work stays flat.

The MacKay Way on Sun May 15, 03:43:00 PM GMT+8 said...

I, like you, ALWAYS have a project with me...well...unless I've a cocktail purse for a fance night out...but even sometimes then!

As for your question...I think zipper for sure! I suggest basting it (long hand stitching) into place before machining it!

continueinkind on Mon May 16, 02:16:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Hey Neighbor-
Would you be willing to get me a pink Chibi if I sent you the $$ for it and postage? I live in New York. Let me know what you think.
Lisa
http://continueinkind.typepad.com
lisaprit at rochester.rr.com

opportunityknits on Mon May 16, 10:37:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Toggles! But I realised that zipper is going to be ok too if the bottom is not too long, if the cardi ends sort of near the waist - then that would avoid the zipper bulge we talked about earlier. Can't wait to see it all done!

Laura.Y on Mon May 16, 12:12:00 PM GMT+8 said...

I like toggle. Makes it more unique. Like erin says, depends on the length. The right zipper would make it funkier though..:)

Anonymous said...

Do you know if it's possible to mail order pink Chibis for delivery to the US? I think they'd make a super gift for some friends. I tried some Japanese knitting sites but couldn't find the Chibis. Any help you could offer would be much appreciated!

 

Webrings I am on

Vintagefusion Knits and Crochets Copyright © 2011 Photos and written content all by Emy unless otherwise indicated.