Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Time for trims and finishes

We had a tie on the zipper vs toggles debate.

To make it easier for those of you who commented, here's a shot of the all sewn up pieces. I haven't gone to the ribbing as there's cables involved and I wanted to ascertain the ribbing length.



Pardon the slouchy, unruly look. I just put this on hurriedly so that you can have an idea of where the hoodie hits...just a little above the hip before the ribbings are put in.


So zipper or toggles?
The hotline is open: press 1 for zip and 2 for toggles.
Deadline for the voting: this Friday evening


I am really thinking that an investment in a mannequin like Kerstin did would be a good idea. At the very least, the garments would not be ashamed of showing off and can remain immaculate at all times.

Except I am not sure how hubby would think.


Oh and did I mention I join SP5?

12 comments:

froggyknits.com on Wed May 18, 06:02:00 PM GMT+8 said...

gorgeous sweater. i'm voting for a zippy! great work on the sweater!

Lauren on Wed May 18, 07:30:00 PM GMT+8 said...

I love it, Emy! It really appears to fit you well. I vote for toggles, but Ithink both would be lovely. Great work on that! :)

Lolly

Kimberli on Wed May 18, 10:52:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Beeep (pressed 1)

will you Bring this Saturday for some proper showing off? I hope so!
Looking forward to meeting you and all of your Knitting Pals!
Cheers!

margene on Thu May 19, 01:23:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Go for a zipper. The fit is great and looks like the type of sweater you'll wear often.

Michelle on Thu May 19, 03:02:00 AM GMT+8 said...

That sweater is amazing! You go girl! Congratulations! You should be beaming.

Michelle

Toni on Thu May 19, 01:23:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Zipper, zipper, zipper! What a wonderful sweater--brava!

Siow Chin on Thu May 19, 02:16:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Definitely zipper.

Laura.Y on Fri May 20, 04:57:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Looking at u wearing now, I think zipper would probably look more unique. Toggles makes it looks more ordinary, classics u normally see in the chinese serials..:)

Leigh on Sat May 21, 05:02:00 AM GMT+8 said...

I think toggles would look really cool with the cables.

Eilene on Sat May 21, 09:00:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Zipper, zipper, zipper!

I LOVE that hoodie & I can't believe you are knitting that for your sister. What a wonderful sister you are. I already have the yarn & book to knit that cardi. I love hooded cardies! It fits you great. You must be a similar size.

Eilene on Sat May 21, 09:02:00 PM GMT+8 said...

I forgot to ask...what yarn & color is that?

yuvee on Sun May 22, 09:01:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Love it!! what a great sweater, and yeah, I love the zipper and hood too ;)

 

Webrings I am on

Vintagefusion Knits and Crochets Copyright © 2011 Photos and written content all by Emy unless otherwise indicated.