Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Time for trims and finishes

We had a tie on the zipper vs toggles debate.

To make it easier for those of you who commented, here's a shot of the all sewn up pieces. I haven't gone to the ribbing as there's cables involved and I wanted to ascertain the ribbing length.



Pardon the slouchy, unruly look. I just put this on hurriedly so that you can have an idea of where the hoodie hits...just a little above the hip before the ribbings are put in.


So zipper or toggles?
The hotline is open: press 1 for zip and 2 for toggles.
Deadline for the voting: this Friday evening


I am really thinking that an investment in a mannequin like Kerstin did would be a good idea. At the very least, the garments would not be ashamed of showing off and can remain immaculate at all times.

Except I am not sure how hubby would think.


Oh and did I mention I join SP5?

9 comments:

The MacKay Way on Wed May 18, 10:52:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Beeep (pressed 1)

will you Bring this Saturday for some proper showing off? I hope so!
Looking forward to meeting you and all of your Knitting Pals!
Cheers!

Anonymous said...

That sweater is amazing! You go girl! Congratulations! You should be beaming.

Michelle

Toni on Thu May 19, 01:23:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Zipper, zipper, zipper! What a wonderful sweater--brava!

Anonymous said...

Definitely zipper.

Laura.Y on Fri May 20, 04:57:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Looking at u wearing now, I think zipper would probably look more unique. Toggles makes it looks more ordinary, classics u normally see in the chinese serials..:)

Anonymous said...

I think toggles would look really cool with the cables.

Anonymous said...

Zipper, zipper, zipper!

I LOVE that hoodie & I can't believe you are knitting that for your sister. What a wonderful sister you are. I already have the yarn & book to knit that cardi. I love hooded cardies! It fits you great. You must be a similar size.

Anonymous said...

I forgot to ask...what yarn & color is that?

yuvee on Sun May 22, 09:01:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Love it!! what a great sweater, and yeah, I love the zipper and hood too ;)

 

Webrings I am on

Vintagefusion Knits and Crochets Copyright © 2011 Photos and written content all by Emy unless otherwise indicated.