Thursday, October 28, 2010

Inspiration behind Ms P's mini capelet

In my previous post, I spoke about how I originally chose a pattern.

Interweave Knit 2007 Chanson capelet pattern

The pattern is Chanson en crochet by Mari lynn Patrick (one of my favorite designers).

In fact, one of the gals has crocheted this piece before.

mini crochet capelet class


While it looks great on adults, I personally thought that the pattern was a little overwhelming on a little gal -- especially that extended lace section towards the hem edge.

Also, I figured a bigger curvature resulting in greater coverage would work for Ms P as little ones tend to be more hyperactive and fling their arms about.

So, rather than to frog and then re-wind the yarn, I got lazy and decided to work from it. Hence you see the side by side comparison.

Here are some of the pattern modifications I did:

  • I removed the lowest section. 
  • Introduced repeats of the collar sections (that involves re-calculating as usual.)
  • Added a row of flower motifs.
All that the capelet is missing is its closure. I am toying with the idea of either a button or a tie-front option.

Suggestions?

0 comments:

 

Webrings I am on

Vintagefusion Knits and Crochets Copyright © 2011 Photos and written content all by Emy unless otherwise indicated.