Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Thin

Now that I've got a bit more time on hand, I try to expand my skills in the kitchen.

Here's some cookies I baked on Sunday.

home baked crispy cookie thins

If you noticed, the colors are of different colors. Apart from my yet-to-be-perfected temperature watching skills, I have added cocoa powder to the subsequent batches after I found that the first plain batch came out a bit too sweet. DH insists they taste fine and would pair well with a mug of milk.

Maybe it's just me but I find that I needed to cut back around 1/2 cup of sugar from the last recipe I tried. I'll probably have to do similar sugar cut back for this new one.

cookie thins close up
See how thin it is?

There are plenty of soft, chewy cookie recipes out there but I was on a quest looking for crispy, crunchy cookies ala Famous Amos. DH and my family members prefer the crunch factor.

They store well -- been in the containers for the last 2 days and are still crisp.

I've been sneaking bites in between my crochet breaks!

1 comments:

Angela Oon on Tue Feb 09, 01:40:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Those cookies look great! I know what you mean about trying to find recipes for Famous-Amos-type crunchy cookies - they're so hard to find.

Can you share the recipes for these thin crunchy cookies?

 

Webrings I am on

Vintagefusion Knits and Crochets Copyright © 2011 Photos and written content all by Emy unless otherwise indicated.