Thursday, July 16, 2009

Getting hooked

Even though I totally adore knitting as an extremely portable hobby, I have turned my back to concentrate on my other love -- crochet.

hand crochet roses

This bunch of hand crocheted roses didn't come out of nowhere. I have a project in mind and thus, have been crocheting really furiously since last week.

thread crochet rosettes

This is what I have got by last weekend when I am onto my 2nd ball of crochet thread (450m in total so far). And I have barely halfway to the required number.

AND there is another 2 motifs that is needed as well.

So I am hoping that by blogging, I'll be motivated to get everything to speed.

Wish me luck!


PS. For those who visited my blog to check out the Lily Chin crochet dress, do not hesitate to drop me a message to say hi! Blogland can be pretty quiet at times.

4 comments:

Wasp on Tue Jul 21, 11:25:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Glad to find another fan of knitting/crochet in tropical Singapore. I used to be conscious of knitting in public but now, I whip out my project whenever I find a pocket of time, stares or no stares. My only gripe is the lack of yarn stores, so I always go online to buy patterns/books not available in stores. Any suggestions on where are the good yarn stores are located?

Wasp

emy on Wed Jul 22, 11:55:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Hi Wasp,

Thanks for posting. Irregardless of where you are, you will always end up inviting stares when you knit.

For the last few years, I haven't been out shopping aggressively as I bring in my own knitting supplies -- my excuse is that it supplements my knitting instruction business! :)

Life's a Stitch on Thu Jul 23, 10:49:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Looking forward to seeing where the roses end up. Good colour for them.

Wasp on Sat Jul 25, 01:21:00 PM GMT+8 said...

The roses look like part of a massive elaborate project..Can't wait to find out. I'd have a few uses for it myself. I'd take one or too, add some lace and silk and to make rosettes decorations on a tank. Or if they were smaller, string them up on a long silk cord and use it a long necklace ( I saw one just like that looking fabulous over a black body suit) or as belts over linen shirts and dresses.

 

Webrings I am on

Vintagefusion Knits and Crochets Copyright © 2011 Photos and written content all by Emy unless otherwise indicated.