Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Now that all the fuss is over...

I can blog peacefully.

First, my PC died late January.


dead PC

I have to say though I was pretty glad that it gave a sign. The PC kept freezing itself in bouts a few days before and I backed up my work onto an external harddisk.

A great decision as it went totally dead the next day.

Then there was the CNY reunion feast. About 18 people turned up and there was quite a bit of preparations to get all the ingredients onto the table -- we had steamboat.

But prior to that, I was knitting furiously. To get Mom's garments ready as promised.


hand knitting silk top in Singapore

The silk blend top zipped along easily. Until I got to the armholes -- I wanted a snug fit and I wasn't sure if Mom is comfortable with that.

The yarn also garned a lot of comments from the
gals, who reckoned that the yarn is very *crunchy* in texture. A strange sensation, not like what we are used to. However, a wash is all that's needed to get the silky feel back.

I also worked on my niece's baby jeans. It was almost all seamed up (note the word: almost.)

knit baby denim jeans

I was certainly glad that in the end, I did complete Mom's garments in time for CNY.

chunky cable front spilt summer shell

This piece was finally done up with all the tails tucked in although I didn't manage to get a shot with Mom wearing it.

[Edited to add: The above turquoise pattern is from Fatto a Mano # 146 put out by Lang Yarns. I used 7 balls of Top Soft for a medium size with some alterations to the armholes to make it snug. (I am sure you are used to my ways of *pattern fiddling* by now. ~grin~ ) Took me about 1 1/2 months to finish this as I was knitting the silk tunic below during the same period.]

However, the surprise is with the next piece.

Singapore knitted silk summer top

silk lace back

Initially as I am knitting this top, my Mom is worried that it may be very snug. However, as it is, the silk top has relaxed visibly after a wash. And my sister looks great wearing it. So it looks like it's a winner after all!

Now that these projects are done, I am looking for a new project to start on soon! I've been in a slump since post-CNY.

PS. Thanks for keeping in touch! I am well; it's just that I got weaned off the PC a little when the former met its death. :) So my CNY resolution? Blog more frequently!

8 comments:

celia on Wed Mar 07, 04:51:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Glad to see you're back. The finished stuff look good.. so what have you got lined up for the needles?

MsFortuknit on Mon Mar 12, 02:50:00 PM GMT+8 said...

you knit fantasticly!

Zia on Tue Mar 13, 08:27:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Simply gorgeous work!! Love, love love it all..... :)

Orli on Sat Mar 17, 02:24:00 AM GMT+8 said...

That turquoise top is absolutely gorgeous! Any chance of a pattern?

Sheila on Sun Mar 18, 02:13:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Welcome back... all your projects are stunning... particularly interested in the baby jeans... do tell more. While posting, blogger started acting up.. sorry if the post appears twice.

Sweetpea4kids on Sun Mar 18, 04:22:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Your silk top is gorgeous. Your mum is going to love it.

Peggy on Mon Mar 19, 07:23:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Great to see you back! The silk top is beautiful!

The MacKay Way on Sun Mar 25, 09:05:00 PM GMT+8 said...

The silk top is wonderful!! Glad to have you back!!
Cheers!

 

Webrings I am on

Vintagefusion Knits and Crochets Copyright © 2011 Photos and written content all by Emy unless otherwise indicated.