Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Died and back

My camera was giving me problems 2 weeks ago. It was getting un-cooperative and taking funny pictures like this.

Which is supposed to look like this:

(Which, by the way, is Serene's crochet work. Not mine. You can see more here.

So we took an obligatory trip.

The service guys are great! They basically did heed my urgent request and had my camera fixed within 4 days so that I could bring it around to my niece's birthday. Best of all, it was repaired free of charge -- I am a happy camper and it was a great revival they did for my dying camera!

Not a stitch of knit or crochet wear on her. I had something in progress started the day before; thinking I could finish it.


But it was cast aside on the birthday morning as I had to help Mom who decided to cook up a storm! She came over to my place at 8am to start the cooking.

We had fried bee hoon, mixed beans salad, curry chicken and stir-fry broccoli & cauliflowers with prawns. More importantly, my mom also prepared a long-missed item: braised pork in soft steamed buns.

The decision to cook the latter dish came about as we had bought that as a takeaway from a stall that was supposedly famous. The takeaway braised pork turned out to be stiff and hard; so rubbery chewy that it was hard to swallow. It was nothing like what properly braised meats are supposed to taste like.

And there was
Leena's wedding dinner that evening to attend too. I hope she'll send some photos when she's back from her honeymoon as I know there's quite a bit of knitted and crocheted items showing up on her big day!

I was so exhausted that I ended up sleeping for 13 hours non-stop, to 3pm the next day (which is Sunday, by the way so that's not too unreasonable huh?)

3 comments:

Ruth on Thu Dec 07, 04:00:00 AM GMT+8 said...

wow you've been busy! sounded like you needed the sleep. and all that yummy food... YUM!! =D

Sheila on Sat Dec 09, 10:02:00 PM GMT+8 said...

The gals projects are awesome.. they are whipping up some cool projects.

opportunityknits on Tue Dec 12, 12:45:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Those funny pictures happenned to my Canon camera too. They said it was a manufacturing defect so it was FoC too!

 

Webrings I am on

Vintagefusion Knits and Crochets Copyright © 2011 Photos and written content all by Emy unless otherwise indicated.