Friday, September 22, 2006

Giving up is not easy

The red lace top is finally finished. I have given it a long and hard thought.

Mom has tried on this knit top and she loves it. How could I deny her of her request to have it? Besides, I haven't done a knitted top for Mom this year yet (but having said that, she has already made requests for 2 to be knitted for Chinese New year. And no, this red lace knit top doesn't count as one of them.)

But I have to say that I am really liking it a lot; especially when sleeve #2 is attached.

Worn on a mannequin.

These are the details on the waist shaping as well as the collar edging.

My wearability photo attempts:

I've got to say that the garment is really ladylike. In fact, maybe a tad too *ladylike* (whatever that means, I think it's just *tame* with the sleeves.) And surprisingly, it's acceptable looking but I promised to gift my mom and so it shall go to her.

PS. All the photos are done pre-soaking so the garment should even out better after a wash.

I have also started another gift -- this time, for an ex-colleague who is visiting China in early Oct.

I've knitted it up using size 6mm needles so it's coming along quickly!

7 comments:

Vera on Fri Sep 22, 09:42:00 PM GMT+8 said...

The top is gorgeous!

Peggy on Fri Sep 22, 10:32:00 PM GMT+8 said...

I really like the color and the collar details are so cute!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!

--Deb on Sat Sep 23, 06:36:00 AM GMT+8 said...

You are a good, good daughter, because it's just beautiful!

Mimi on Sat Sep 23, 07:56:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Such a lovely top! Perfect waist shaping.

opportunityknits on Sat Sep 23, 04:32:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Love the red sweater - lucky mum!

Anonymous said...

So are you going to publish a book with all these amazing patterns or what??? What are you doing with them? You are so incredibly talented!!!

 

Webrings I am on

Vintagefusion Knits and Crochets Copyright © 2011 Photos and written content all by Emy unless otherwise indicated.