Monday, July 31, 2006

Mannequin or me?

I've finally gotten around to dressing the mauve tank top (which many correctly identified as the Vittadini pattern.)

This is how it looks on the mannequin.



And how the garment actually looks when it's worn on me.

Pattern: From Vittadini pattern book.
Size made: Smaller than small (any surprise that I have yet again *downsized* the pattern?)
Yarn used: 6 balls of Gedifra Top Soft
Needles used: size 5.5mm & 6mm knitting needles
Time taken: 4 weeks from start to finish -- a little bit of procasination, a dash of overseas travel + some pattern deciphering.

My thoughts on this garment
Very modest neckline. The garment is really soft next to the skin and definitely very breathable due to the lace pattern used. The cables also added some texture.

This will definitely be a regular piece in my wardrobe.

Want to see another garment (WIP photo) that is done up in the same yarn? Check out my student's work! Now, hopefully I can keep going and finish off the other project too!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Emilyn, here's checking out your blog after I saw the article in Urban. Love your FOs! (Eh.. I still have the yarn from long long ago when I first stepped into the Chinatown knit shop wif u.. in original state).

Vera on Mon Jul 31, 07:05:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Great job!!!

Monique Marie Sauniere on Mon Jul 31, 10:27:00 PM GMT+8 said...

That top looks sooooooooooooo much better on you than on the mannequin! I love pattern knitting much better than colorwork and you have done a beautiful job.

Marina on Mon Jul 31, 11:01:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Gorgeous! Definitely looks better on you. Very pretty colour.

Peggy on Tue Aug 01, 01:23:00 AM GMT+8 said...

It looks great on you! I like the cable lace!

Anonymous said...

That's a fabulous piece and you look great in it!

Anonymous said...

That is one feminine and delicate top!

Ling on Wed Aug 02, 05:45:00 AM GMT+8 said...

I love that top - you look fabuous in it!! Love the colour and the pattern. Have missed you in the last month!

Catherine Kerth on Thu Aug 03, 09:35:00 AM GMT+8 said...

One Word... WOW!!!!!!!!!

Sheila on Fri Aug 04, 12:12:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Emy...your top is absolutely gorgeous and love the color.

Anonymous said...

I love Adrienne Vittadini patterns! I knit Dianna from the same book that your pattern is in (There is a picture on my blog in the archives in May, I think). I thought about the pattern you knit. Was it hard? it looks beautiful on you! I will be knitting another Vittadini pattern from the most recent book soon.

Anonymous said...

How beautiful! I think it's just a lovely fit...I have always admited the Vittadini patterns.

Jen Da Purse Ho on Thu Aug 17, 12:56:00 PM GMT+8 said...

This is so beautiful!!

Tcknit on Thu Aug 24, 01:18:00 PM GMT+8 said...

It looks fabulous on you. I have this pattern too, but the size is too big for me. How did you make yours "smaller than small"? Can you share? Please please?!!!

mathomhouse on Thu Aug 24, 01:27:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Absolutely stunning. No other word for it.

 

Webrings I am on

Vintagefusion Knits and Crochets Copyright © 2011 Photos and written content all by Emy unless otherwise indicated.