Friday, August 11, 2006

When WIPs crawl

It's not the WIPs' fault...mostly mine.

Well...the bamboo yarn project is still sitting in the basket -- I punished it as the cuffs refused to cooperate. It looks awful with the contrast colored picot edge (looks too cluttered with the lacy pattern on the sleeves) and similarly when I attempted to crochet a contrast color band, it stomped its feet too. So it's not going to make its appearance in this post.

I have to think of a better solution.

And so, I decided to work on a crochet project instead. But what I thought is simple and mindless didn't turn out to be quite exactly the case.


See that blue base? I had to rip that area once -- I preferred my bags to be sturdy so I had to dip the frog pond and restart with 2 strands. The work left outstanding is on the handles and the button adding bit.

I'm happy but I am not so sure if I wanted to give it to my mom now. [grin]

On the other hand, the red lacy top is progressing slowly. I am afraid there's nothing much to show except for this.


My motivation -- get this cast off by this weekend and start on the front piece!

Besides, my brain is going overdrive a bit with the recent blurb in the local news article -- a teensy, weensy one. There's been quite a bit of enquiries but I figured that most prospects are still unsure what they want to take back at the end of the day. I suppose it would take a bit more time before people realize that there's such a category called fitted garments in knitting!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you'll come up with a solution for the bamboo project. I really like it, as well as all your "fitted" projects. You have an eye for it!

Anonymous said...

wow! i love the blue bag!!

Anonymous said...

That blue bag is really cute and stylish!

Anonymous said...

I love the blue bag, are you going to line it?

KnittenKnots on Tue Aug 15, 02:35:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Very cute blue bag - I can see why you're hesitant to give it up! :-) Your Vittadini tank top is absolutely gorgeous by the way!

Peggy on Wed Aug 16, 02:29:00 AM GMT+8 said...

The blue bag is really cute!

 

Webrings I am on

Vintagefusion Knits and Crochets Copyright © 2011 Photos and written content all by Emy unless otherwise indicated.