Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Tinklebell done!

I said I needed some knitwear that would be useful in our hot weather. So I got down to knitting it really quickly.

This shell took over slightly over a week to complete. There were some schematic adjustments to make to fit to my longer torso, apart from the usual stitch gauge calculations. Don't we all love maths? [grin]


This shell used only 5 balls of yarn so the overall yarn cost came to about around US$201! Not a bad deal for a shell top and the yarn is ideal for summer wear given its hemp and cotton content.

Honestly when I was knitting this, I kept wondering if the silhouette is flattering on me. The original model in the magazine shows the shoulder coverage to be very ample and modest. However, I am generally broad shouldered and is really glad that the armholes end up looking good in their place. Tinklebell is a good piece for office wear and it goes well with my linen capri pants too!

I am not the only one in having my project finished though. My student, Felicia finished her shell too.

You can read about it here.

After finishing the top, I decided to start on a project for hubby. He loves the tweedy look of the yarn I earlier used so here it is, in a brown shade. Here's the usual one ball shot:

Knitting in the round makes it seem so much faster. Perhaps the mindlessness helps?


1. I do carry this yarn so if you have any interest, please email me to ask for shadecards. Estimate above exclude shipping. Paypal payments accepted.

17 comments:

Marina on Wed Mar 29, 07:47:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Gorgeous! I love the color. Perfect for a hot summer day.

Mmmmrissa on Wed Mar 29, 10:02:00 PM GMT+8 said...

I love your tank top and the one your student Felicia made as well. Where could I find the pattern for the one she made, if you don't mind.

--Deb on Wed Mar 29, 10:53:00 PM GMT+8 said...

It looks beautiful!

Agnes on Thu Mar 30, 12:48:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Lovely! And you finished it so quickly!

Scoutj on Thu Mar 30, 06:35:00 AM GMT+8 said...

It's beautiful!

Toni on Thu Mar 30, 07:14:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Talk about a fast knit and better yet it fits well too!

Mimi on Thu Mar 30, 05:44:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Yours look a perfect fit, mine was too loose on the sides. Enjoy it!

Knitting247 on Fri Mar 31, 12:43:00 PM GMT+8 said...

The Tinkerbell top is stunning! Care to tell us where did you get the pattern?

Amy Lu on Fri Mar 31, 10:39:00 PM GMT+8 said...

What a beautiful shell!The fit looks perfect, and I love the color!

I can't wait until it warms up here, I'm done with dreary and ready for spring!

Lynne on Sat Apr 01, 02:12:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Oh, Emmy..it's just beautiful!
What a perfect summer knit.

Larjmarj on Sat Apr 01, 07:54:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Just beautiful work and it only took you a week? Awesome. Marj

Tam on Sun Apr 02, 01:49:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I think it is especially flattering to you with your long slim torso! Very lovely - you always inspire me. RoseM

Ruth on Mon Apr 03, 11:13:00 AM GMT+8 said...

hi emy! you did such a lovely job on your shell top!!! it looks fab on you =)

mona on Mon Apr 03, 12:14:00 PM GMT+8 said...

That's excellent Emy!!

domesticat on Tue Apr 04, 09:25:00 PM GMT+8 said...

beautiful top!

Monique on Thu Aug 30, 07:03:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Very pretty and very well done!

 

Webrings I am on

Vintagefusion Knits and Crochets Copyright © 2011 Photos and written content all by Emy unless otherwise indicated.