Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Tinklebell done!

I said I needed some knitwear that would be useful in our hot weather. So I got down to knitting it really quickly.

This shell took over slightly over a week to complete. There were some schematic adjustments to make to fit to my longer torso, apart from the usual stitch gauge calculations. Don't we all love maths? [grin]


This shell used only 5 balls of yarn so the overall yarn cost came to about around US$201! Not a bad deal for a shell top and the yarn is ideal for summer wear given its hemp and cotton content.

Honestly when I was knitting this, I kept wondering if the silhouette is flattering on me. The original model in the magazine shows the shoulder coverage to be very ample and modest. However, I am generally broad shouldered and is really glad that the armholes end up looking good in their place. Tinklebell is a good piece for office wear and it goes well with my linen capri pants too!

I am not the only one in having my project finished though. My student, Felicia finished her shell too.

You can read about it here.

After finishing the top, I decided to start on a project for hubby. He loves the tweedy look of the yarn I earlier used so here it is, in a brown shade. Here's the usual one ball shot:

Knitting in the round makes it seem so much faster. Perhaps the mindlessness helps?


1. I do carry this yarn so if you have any interest, please email me to ask for shadecards. Estimate above exclude shipping. Paypal payments accepted.

17 comments:

Marina on Wed Mar 29, 07:47:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Gorgeous! I love the color. Perfect for a hot summer day.

B's Momma on Wed Mar 29, 10:02:00 PM GMT+8 said...

I love your tank top and the one your student Felicia made as well. Where could I find the pattern for the one she made, if you don't mind.

--Deb on Wed Mar 29, 10:53:00 PM GMT+8 said...

It looks beautiful!

Agnes on Thu Mar 30, 12:48:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Lovely! And you finished it so quickly!

Scoutj on Thu Mar 30, 06:35:00 AM GMT+8 said...

It's beautiful!

Toni on Thu Mar 30, 07:14:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Talk about a fast knit and better yet it fits well too!

Mimi on Thu Mar 30, 05:44:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Yours look a perfect fit, mine was too loose on the sides. Enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

The Tinkerbell top is stunning! Care to tell us where did you get the pattern?

Amy Lu on Fri Mar 31, 10:39:00 PM GMT+8 said...

What a beautiful shell!The fit looks perfect, and I love the color!

I can't wait until it warms up here, I'm done with dreary and ready for spring!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Emmy..it's just beautiful!
What a perfect summer knit.

Larjmarj on Sat Apr 01, 07:54:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Just beautiful work and it only took you a week? Awesome. Marj

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I think it is especially flattering to you with your long slim torso! Very lovely - you always inspire me. RoseM

Ruth on Mon Apr 03, 11:13:00 AM GMT+8 said...

hi emy! you did such a lovely job on your shell top!!! it looks fab on you =)

mona on Mon Apr 03, 12:14:00 PM GMT+8 said...

That's excellent Emy!!

Anonymous said...

beautiful top!

Monique on Thu Aug 30, 07:03:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Very pretty and very well done!

 

Webrings I am on

Vintagefusion Knits and Crochets Copyright © 2011 Photos and written content all by Emy unless otherwise indicated.