Tuesday, February 7, 2006

Chingay

There's a buzz of activities in my neighbourhood lately. Chingay is Singapore's equivalent of the street and float parade. It has always been the highlights right after the Chinese New Year and often held along Orchard Road.

However, of late; to bring it closer to the people, they have decided to bring the performances and floats to the heartlands. One of the locations happens to be right smack in the carpark in front of our block! So we have a bird's eye view of the performances.


They have set up a stage and some seats for the VIPs. Can you see the people standing along the right watching the performance?

Here's all the floats being parked after the parade to allow people to take photos.

To top it off, I was munching on this dark chocolate that I just discovered at our favourite Italian deli. It's so yummy!

3 comments:

Ruth on Wed Feb 08, 03:20:00 PM GMT+8 said...

ooh, what pretty pictures of the parade!! you had a pretty good view there! and speaking of food... man, i was trying to convince hubby of taking another trip to singapore this year... i miss the food!! =)

Marina on Wed Feb 08, 07:41:00 PM GMT+8 said...

I had to look it up since I couldn't remember anything about floats going down Orchard Rd.! but I do remember those in the 70's. Sounds like I need to spend a year in S'pore just to catch up.

celia on Thu Feb 09, 07:26:00 AM GMT+8 said...

oooh.. dark chocolate.. yumminess!

 

Webrings I am on

Vintagefusion Knits and Crochets Copyright © 2011 Photos and written content all by Emy unless otherwise indicated.