Sunday, December 11, 2005

It already feels like Xmas!

That's right. There is a couple of darling angels out there who are thinking of me.

Remember
Celia? Here's the loot she brought along for me...all that fibery goodness!

Aren't the colors lovely? She's got me some white merino so that I could have a go at dyeing too! You'll probably not see their appearances for a while as I have yet to master proper spinning techniques -- I am tough with myself.

She also gave me a little surprise.

An Australian published magazine called Creative Knitting. There's a crochet shrug in it that we both liked though -- there's the yarn name but no gauge or whatsoever! Right, I'll *indulge* in deciphering this mystery (we've both suspected that it's likely a 4ply yarn judging the garment photo on the model.)

Oh,
Ruth... Celia and I did finally get around to taking a photo together -- that's about 2am in the morning in her hotel room but we aren't at our best [think: red teary eyes, stifling yawns etc] so that photo isn't going to shown to the world. (Actually Celia looks great, it's just me.) We'll try and get a better photo the next time.


Other items arrived in the mail too.


Dear Cherilyn, as usual, wowed me with knitting and crochet magazines that I can't get around here in Singapore. This time, she even included a Knit Picks catalog! What can I say? I really have to send big hugs to this sweet dear!


Here's the other package.

It's a bag from Valerie. Isn't it gorgeous?! It's a round-robin so I am sending out a bag to someone else. I'm way behind schedule so I really hope the bag I am sending will make the recipient happy enough to make up for the delay.

X'mas is definitely around the corner! Arghh! So little time to knit, yet so many wish projects!

[I am sure by now everyone who reads my blog realize that I have a magazine fetish, loves bags of all sorts, apart from yarn hoarding. What does that make me? ]

3 comments:

Agnes on Mon Dec 12, 04:47:00 AM GMT+8 said...

I always feel excited when the new magazines come out!

Ruth on Mon Dec 12, 03:35:00 PM GMT+8 said...

i'm obsessed with handbags myself, and some of my friends call me a bag-whore. not to say that you should call yourself by that name either, but that's just what my friends call me. =)

Ling on Mon Dec 12, 07:04:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Hi. I love collecting magazines and yarn too. Also, what girl does not love handbags!! My 18 month old daughter loves them already!

 

Webrings I am on

Vintagefusion Knits and Crochets Copyright © 2011 Photos and written content all by Emy unless otherwise indicated.