Wednesday, December 7, 2005

My first time

I tried to spin.


This, after doing a glorious exchange with Celia, who is based in Australia. And just this week, she popped by Singapore for her work stint and we met up. I brought my digital camera along but forgot to take pictures of both of us! (How careless is that? Last time, I didn't have my camera. Now when I have it, I still forget to ask. tsk, tsk.)

Anyway, she brought me more fibers (I put up a cheque; she did the shopping...) and then she surprised me with some lovely gifts too! I'll show them in the next post.

I'll have to bring my spinning along for her critique.

And my students' response when I gleefully showed them this: "Haven't you got enough yarn already?"

Now, when is enough ever enough?

5 comments:

Ruth on Wed Dec 07, 03:25:00 PM GMT+8 said...

darn!! i was wondering what celia actually looked like! =)
p.s. "enough" yarn = there is no limit!! =)

--Deb on Wed Dec 07, 11:10:00 PM GMT+8 said...

There's never enough yarn! But it is definitely more fun to make it yourself. Good for you!

Anonymous said...

instead of clothes, all of my wardrobes are full of yarns (hiding from hubby). And I am still buying!

Anonymous said...

It will *never* be enough! Hello, fiber stash! Welcome to spinning.

- MJ

Livia on Fri Dec 30, 04:29:00 PM GMT+8 said...

a crocheter / knitter will nbr haf 'enuff' yarn.

i luv ur header : Knitting & crochet in Singapore? Definitely possible...I'm a Singapore knitter

i haf the feeling i am pretty much alone in my hobby though i haf taught the basics of crochet to many frens, nobody does it regularly.

come to tink of it, i dun haf much recent works except a scarf. my new yr resolution will be to clear some WIPs & sort out my past 'works' to post on my blog.

happy knitting! and yesh, we are not alone anymore.

 

Webrings I am on

Vintagefusion Knits and Crochets Copyright © 2011 Photos and written content all by Emy unless otherwise indicated.