Tuesday, September 27, 2005

From the other side of the globe

Look at what just came in the mail last week!



Zira had the honour of checking it out:- it's a lovely crane RAOK from Julie of http://stoneview.typepad.com! Isn't Julie wonderful to think of us international RAOKers?

Notice that little tear corner? I suspect some postman must have been trying to figure out what's in the contents! LOL

Not only that, see the envelope? It's a page from Knitpicks catalog! It almost killed me because Knitpicks don't ship internationally. I was drooling as I kept flipping & rotating the envelope in all angles to get a closer look at all the lovely shades! I even resorted to using a cutter to get the envelope to unfold properly to check out the inner page as well :)

Julie, now you do know that your RAOK presented double glees to me.


Ruth is in town!

To top it off, I had a great start to this week, made better by Ruth's arrival. Both her hubby and her are in the region visiting some relatives and we caught up for a quick lunch. Shame that both of us forgot that we brought our cameras and didn't get to take any photos! Believe me when we said the meetup was good as she went about with pattern book enablement (I am great at facilitating purchases! LOL) but those references & pattern books are in Japanese which is really difficult to come by in the US -- those are the reasons why we all shop when we are overseas right?


PS. Thanks for those great comments on the baby booties! The mom loves it so much and so do many of the guests who woo-ahhed over them. In fact, I thought those yarns worked out so nicely in crochet (yes, I even used them for the commissioned projects) that I went ahead and ordered some more colors! LOL!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Emy, you know that if you want someone to re-ship a Knitpicks order, I'd be more than happy to do it for you.

Anonymous said...

Hmm, maybe I should make the international envelopes more sturdy! I'm so glad it held together enough to make it to you :)

Ruth on Wed Sep 28, 07:47:00 PM GMT+8 said...

meeting up WAS fun! and my husband was smart enough to keep checking up on us at the bookstore - i was so mesmerized by the pattern magazines that i lost track of time! =)

Kim in Oregon on Wed Sep 28, 10:50:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Hi! I'm happy to send you some KnitPicks yarn as part of your holiday surprise! But not the only part...

kim

Anonymous said...

Hi! Jacqui (SP5) here - thank you so much for the final package, which arrived yesterday! Gorgeous yarn (sari silk, no?) and more of the yummy chocolate - my son is beside himself with glee! :)

I'll get a pic of the yarn later today and post it - I'm thinking something glitzy and drapy with it at the moment, but have to find a good pattern first. Thank you so much, it was a lot of fun doing SP with you!

 

Webrings I am on

Vintagefusion Knits and Crochets Copyright © 2011 Photos and written content all by Emy unless otherwise indicated.