Monday, August 8, 2005

My stash(es)

So the conclusion that we've reached is that I have a decent-huge sized stash. *ahem* I am just thinking: perhaps there's a stash matrix standards out there, similiar to the garment sizing charts that we can all go benchmark ourselves and see where we are at from time to time?

If you take a moment to think about it, my stash would probably be tiny compared to another knitter with 20+ years experience -- I have about 11 years of knitting experience myself. Perhaps someone would step out and share their stash too?

And speaking of that, I have something else to show you. If you think my SeX is bad, take a look at this:


These are my pattern books. No doubt about it. They range from Vogue Knitting, Sandra (a german magazine), Knitters, to the occasional Interweave Knits, Rowan, Keitodama to pattern books and guides such as the Flawless Knit Repairs (an independent publisher) and Jean Frost's Jackets that you see in the foreground.

I couldn't resist checking out the knitting magazines and book section whenever I am at Borders or Kinokuniya. And they end up going home with me. That's the advantage when you work since you have your own money to spend. But I've been avoiding the bookstores for a while now since I have not been working since January - I have weak willpower. LOL.

Just when I managed to sort these out into piles and happily thinking that they are finally organized, hubby called out from the next room,"Honey, you've got another box of knitting/crochet magazines here! Do you think you are really done with your unpacking?" D-uh.

Then he comes into the living room and goes,"How many of these cubby holes are left? Are you really going to be using all up? I see another 2 trash bags of yarns waiting to be sorted."

Moral of the story: if you ever need to unpack your darkest secret, do it when NO one is around. Absolutely, no one. Not including the one who sleeps by your side at night.

Go ahead, laugh at me.

I can't help the slow progress. If you have ever stuffed your things into that closet where you'll never open for fear of things crashing down on you, you will understand how wide-eyed I was with all these unpacking.

I am a true blue hoarder at heart.

I ended up spending time savouring and admiring those things that were out of reach all these while and oh-aahing over those items that I never recalled buying.

This is one of those:

Before knitting and crocheting came into my life, cross-stitching is my hobby - it's a craft that I picked up from my grandma when I was young. This wall clock was stitched when I was about 16. It was being put away for a long time and now I am glad to be able to display it. It would look great in the guest/yarn room where the walls are a light shade of green.

I hope it still works!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always clean my room when no one is around too! My dad would nag me if he sees me throwing away stuff. Don't worry none of my yarn or books are thrown. Only white clothes that are turned yellow.

celia on Mon Aug 08, 07:05:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Don't forget to leave at least one cubby hole for your spinning stuff! Has it arrived yet?

celia

Anonymous said...

You know, Wendy (Wendy Knits) has a yarn room. A. Yarn. Room. I would love to see a picture of that!

- MJ

emy on Mon Aug 08, 10:45:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Yes Celia, a cubby hole is put aside. In fact, I am getting all worried that I am going to be running out of cubby holes soon!

Anonymous said...

Well. . . you've got one more book on its way to you, plus some other fun (I hope) stuff and yarn. I mailed the package on Saturday!

Toni on Tue Aug 09, 01:35:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Wow, you are a stashing queen!

Peggy on Tue Aug 09, 06:18:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Hahaha. I can't bear to throw away my knitting magazines either, even if they are from the early 90s and feature hideous patterns!

 

Webrings I am on

Vintagefusion Knits and Crochets Copyright © 2011 Photos and written content all by Emy unless otherwise indicated.