Friday, June 17, 2005

Keeping my sanity

Keep my hands busy to keep myself sane. How many times have you heard that? Due to some hiccups, I can't move into my apartment until 2 weeks later which means it'll be early July at best when we're fully settled.

I shouldn't be rummaging my stash as they'll need to be packed away for moving. So a gal's got to do what she has to do -- go out for stash shopping instead. I bought a zip for the hoodie.

See where the zip ends - do you think it's ok?



A baby dress
I also finished this. Ths photo is taken post-washing and there seems to be no visible shrinkage though my stitches are more smoothened out.

Just needed some buttons to go with it. It's really soft.
And some ironing will help the curling edge too.
Pattern: Pinguoin pattern book
Specs: 1/2 ball 4ply Big Baby Yarn, size 3 needles
Some things to note: Changed pattern for circular knitting and finishing edges with crochet is much easier and quicker
Time taken: about 2 weeks
You didn't think I would be content with this right?
I just went ahead and started knitting matching booties.


It's nowhere near completion and I am getting sick of it.
Got to move onto something else next.
Does this happen to anyone? I mean, getting all psyched up when you start a project, only to have your interest wane when you are into it?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think half of doing the project is getting psyched!! :D There've been enough times where boredom creeps in that now I try to finish everything ASAP!

I really like the baby dress, lovely color.

opportunityknits on Fri Jun 17, 10:50:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Oh, interest wanes alright. But that bootie is so cute, you will finish it.

Mimi on Fri Jun 17, 11:23:00 AM GMT+8 said...

The zipper on the hoodie is just fine. Are you going to wear it and show to us?
The baby dress is very cute and the booties will make a perfect set. Only one more to go!

Anonymous said...

You should show us a picture of you in the hoody so we can see where the zipper is on you. It looks fine though.

 

Webrings I am on

Vintagefusion Knits and Crochets Copyright © 2011 Photos and written content all by Emy unless otherwise indicated.