Tuesday, May 3, 2005

How fast time flies

Siow Chin of Little Purl of the Orient, wrote this entry that's thought provoking: When's the last time you stayed 'monogamous' to a project? Personally, I think when it comes to my hobbies such as knitting and crochet, I multi-handle waaaay too much. I have several projects on hand so that I can alternate between the intricate and the mindless. And sometimes lacework vs cables. Or even fine 4ply vs DK weight yarn. That's me; a crafty polygamist :) I can't quite recall the last time I tried to work on just one sole project.

Remember that deflated balloon that was meant to be a diversion from my non-progressing hoodie? "A stuffed pear" - that's my hubby's observation on Friday night though he knows I am not that crazy to go into fruit crochet yet!



Not quite the word I was looking for. Getting worried.


Witness the transformation within 24 hours.



Yes, I brought it along to the special edition of Knit & Stitch on Saturday as it's meant to be gifted that evening at a house party.


Why... it's a Vera bear! A little gal named Vera is the lucky recipient. Hmm, I didn't know what kind of reaction to expect from little gals on receiving handmade gifts. Her parents are impressed though. I *heard* she has 10 teddy bears so perhaps that accounted for her 3 seconds pause take on "I made this just for you" comment! Drats, I should have made a bunny for a bigger impact I suppose. But she did thank me for the bear...she's quite a shy gal.

Here's the details:


Pattern: Bernat pattern
Specs: 80g ball yarn (acrylic), used Clover Japanese crochet needle size 6
Some things to note: Easy to follow instructions and just don't panic when the body looks like a pear! LOL
Time taken: 24 hours turnaround

See what I mean? When one's totally engrossed or focused, time really flies!

5 comments:

Toni on Tue May 03, 05:39:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Wow--that's an amazing transformation. Very cute bear!

Anonymous said...

Don't tell your husband or he'll gloat but it really looks like a pear in the 'before' picture. The 'after' is adorable though.

Unknown on Tue May 03, 02:55:00 PM GMT+8 said...

I knew all my ufo's were bad news but I didn't realise I was a craft polygamist.
I keep hoping I'll finish up lots more as I'd hate anyone to know how many ufo's I have. Oh well at least my craft is never boring as I can change projects so frequently

opportunityknits on Wed May 04, 10:01:00 AM GMT+8 said...

After seeing you breeze your way through finishing the cute bear, I'm less intimidated by the thought of all the sewing. And boy, you sure work fast.

Laura.Y on Thu May 05, 11:41:00 AM GMT+8 said...

ooo! i like that Vera bear, very adorable! And I see that you took Royal out for a walk too..:)

 

Webrings I am on

Vintagefusion Knits and Crochets Copyright © 2011 Photos and written content all by Emy unless otherwise indicated.