Wednesday, April 13, 2005

My first sock attempt!

See? Me like it...it is a toe up pattern. The bind off took me longer than I thought as I had to do the sewing bind off which is supposedly more stretchy. This sock took me about 6 hours to knit and another 1.5 to sew. Let's see by how much my record for the 2nd one will be improved.

For the first time, I now do appreciate variegated yarn :) I think this yarn would work pretty for a plain, simple tank too!

Oh, and when measuring, it's indeed being proven that I have abnormal feet. My foot is 1cm longer than my widest part and my ankle is 3.5cm narrower than the widest part too. In short, just totally inproportionate. Good grief!

Now I know why I *keep* wearing the toes off my socks so quickly when I was young! My mom keep telling me to keep my toenails short and tidy but it seems that it's my long toes that's been the culprit. Ha!


Cabled hoodie sweater update
I completed the back and now on one front piece.

It's looking good and I think I will get onto another project. Once I've got my sock a partner.

4 comments:

Plain Jane on Wed Apr 13, 07:59:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Nice sock - I've done a pair cuff down and am getting up my nerve to try toe up. You get an incredible amount done in a short time.

eyeleen on Thu Apr 14, 08:42:00 AM GMT+8 said...

wow! your new sock looks fabulous. I really love your cables. wonderful pattern.

DoneCheap DoneRight PC on Thu Apr 14, 04:12:00 PM GMT+8 said...

You know I am not one to be too interested in knitting, haha, but this is a talent that is highly unappreciated bc I would totally dig a pair of foot warmers like the ones here. I am a diabetic and must take care of the ol' feet good work, later....
blu~

Anonymous said...

Great job on your sock!

I love your cabled hoodie so far. Cables rule!!! What book is that in? I think I might have it? Can you tell I have too many? ;-)

 

Webrings I am on

Vintagefusion Knits and Crochets Copyright © 2011 Photos and written content all by Emy unless otherwise indicated.