Thursday, April 14, 2005

Hosting a Baby Knitalong

If I've learnt anything about myself since I started the blog, I love to multi-task. On anything related to my handicrafts, that is, yarn shopping, stashing, deciding new projects while concurrently working on WIPs.

I have to 'fess up...my wandering fingers just went a googling and I discovered the
summer knitalong. This is definitely in line with our weather and Amanda, our host, has lined up a whole host of patterns for us to choose from. So you gals out there, go check it out!

The hot weather must have been a good time to create babies. (Gasp! Not me!) My friend and a close member are having babies. I intend to crank out some baby wear as gifts so some company is definitely appreciated! Hence, this:

Like all standard disclaimers: take my button; not my bandwidth! Please host it on your own server and backlink to my blog.
If you are interested to join, just email me dur30cat AT yahoo DOT com,
subject: Join Baby KAL, with your name and your blog if you want me to link;
I'll be creating a name list to add to the sidebar.

It's my first attempt at button creation so please don't be hard on me. :)

This Baby Knitalong will be until Dec 31, 2005 and you are free to join anytime. The long closing date, of course, is in anticipation of the deliveries (the babies, not the baby wear). And I will be checking your blogs every Sunday night, Singapore time.

I will be putting up some free pattern links later on the sidebar or maybe through a post link - they will be either knit or crochet patterns.

Now off to search for the links.
[EDITED:] You can check out the free pattern links in this entry here (just click the bolded words).

15 comments:

Mlle F. on Thu Apr 14, 04:46:00 PM GMT+8 said...

I love your button for The Baby Knitalong, and i will join for this reason... not only !! At my very age, all my friends are having babies,especially singaporian one :-) Finally, i didn't knit anything for gift, but once i go to sgpore and see the baby I know what to knit. Summer knitalong looks great, I think I gonna do it in june... Some french book like phildar or la droguerie for babies are very modern and cute, but i'm confident in discovering new great models by this knitalong....

amandazen on Thu Apr 14, 11:36:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Your button looks great! I do not know of anyone who is having a baby but I will make sure to keep it in mind and spread the word!

Amanda

Unknown on Fri Apr 22, 11:57:00 AM GMT+8 said...

I tried to send you an email but I don't think it worked.
Can one join your list if the baby is already here?

Anonymous said...

I love the button! The Dec date is great since the baby I am knitting for is due then.
chrisknits

Chie on Wed May 11, 09:01:00 PM GMT+8 said...

I'd LOVE to join! I just sent you an e-mail. ;)

me myself and i on Sat May 14, 11:15:00 PM GMT+8 said...

did you get my email??? please let me join???? Puleeezzzeee!!!:)))

Rebecca

emy on Sat May 14, 11:42:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Hey gals,

If you leave me a comment here and I don't get back to you, it's likely that blogger hasn't allowed me to see your email addy. So drop me an email addy ok?

I've got all of you gals listed :)

Elspeth on Sun May 15, 11:22:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Add me to the list, please! I'm working on a blanket for my baby, but have a few baby wear items on my list for when it's done! Thanks!

Plain Jane on Sat Jun 04, 08:23:00 AM GMT+8 said...

I finished the Feather & Fan baby afghan I was making for this KAL. There are photos on my blog at http://plainjaneknits.blogspot.com/

me myself and i on Sat Jun 18, 07:26:00 AM GMT+8 said...

pics are up on my blog www.furrworld.blogspot.com of my finished ripple afghan!! Woohoo!!! I am going to cast on for a baby sweater now!

Rebecca

Unknown on Wed Aug 03, 01:27:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Sign me up - I finished a baby sweater last Friday - I'll be posting the pattern for it this week.

mathomhouse on Tue Sep 20, 03:54:00 AM GMT+8 said...

I finished my "Big Bad Baby Blanket" yesterday -- pictures and details at http://mathomhouse.typepad.com/bluestocking/2005/09/big_bad_baby_bl.html. Thanks for letting me be a part of my first KAL!

Knitcrazy on Fri Sep 30, 03:50:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Does anyone have a really Cute Bootie pattern either in DK or Worsted weight for a 9 month old baby???

Thanks...
http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/

peneloercola@aol.com

Deb55 on Mon Dec 12, 03:36:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Your blog page is cool. Can you tell me where/how I can get that map /guest book for my blog page?
Thanks

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I am so happy to see someone from my own country doing such a great job on knitting and crocheting.... so proud to be a singaporean !!! i love to knit and crochet too ... maybe i will post some of my work here too ... you go girl !!

 

Webrings I am on

Vintagefusion Knits and Crochets Copyright © 2011 Photos and written content all by Emy unless otherwise indicated.