Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Happy day

Today has been a great day.

Knitter in town!
First, we have a knitterly visitor from Israel,
Marian. Along with Cara, Gwen and Gavin; we went LYS hopping - 3 in total. She's happily bought some yarn from the last store. Me too (but I am not showing it.)


An RAOK!
Yet another RAOK! This one arrived rather quickly. Thanks to Susie Grougan of
To Knit, Perchance to Dream... There's a lovely vintage pattern book and some stitch markers, that I won from her contest! Oh lordy good! Finally some pretty stitch markers to adorn my needles!


Baby KAL Finished Project
Bumming on sleeve island wasn't fun. I got distracted by the red yarn. This is what it became.

Clueless?

Here's more:

Why, it's the funky Pixie Baby Hat pattern (you can see that on the right sidebar.) I haven't got a baby model so the teddy bear should suffice. I just had to make its ear stick backwards so that it doesn't protude awkwardly.

This cheery red pixie baby hat ought to go down well with any parents and make their grandparents really happy!

Here's the details:
Pattern: Pixie Baby Hat from straw.com
Specs: 50g ball yarn (acrylic), used Clover Japanese needle size 4 (3.3mm) needles
Some things to note: Easy knit; portable. Will make tons!


So here's a happy, happy day for me!

4 comments:

Moze on Wed Apr 27, 03:18:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Marian only bought in one shop? I'm disappointed--I always look forward to seeing what's new in her yarn rooms when she has the local knitters over for a show and tell!

Anonymous said...

Cute hat! At first I thought the ribbon was part of it, but it turns out it wasn't... A red ribbon would be darling with that!

- MJ

Laura.Y on Wed Apr 27, 10:38:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Really like that baby hat. It's so adorable in red! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it must have been fun meeting up with Marian. And that Pixie hat is adorable. I know just who to make it for, hmm.

 

Webrings I am on

Vintagefusion Knits and Crochets Copyright © 2011 Photos and written content all by Emy unless otherwise indicated.