Monday, March 21, 2005

Time to party!

We've great reasons to celebrate:

1. Ms Saffron debuts!
Finally, she's ready to see the world. The 1st photo is probably closer to the true color of the actual garment.






Pattern: Rowan #25, Saffron
Specs: Sirdar Cotton 4 ply, used 4.1 balls; used 3.25mm needles
Some things to note: I actually lengthened the sleeves by another pattern repeat; about 5cm longer to fit my gorilla arms. And no bullion stitches *yet* -- as much as I like the idea, I don't think I would torture myself on stitching those all over!
Doesn't it seem like a lavendar party is going on? Hop over to Froggy's and you will see what I mean. I am so glad to have another FO so now it's time back to my WIPs and new projects! Yeah!

2. March meetup has a great turnout!
Well, there's 8 of us in total who's turned up - most of them are first timers to our meetup. And we managed to entice a library passerby interested enough that she sat with us throughout the session. Another member, Gwen was so nice to make a quick demo of the magic loop technique.



What a great bunch!


In case you are wondering, posts lately may be intermittent as I am starting my house renovations. So I am have some fun doing material and appliances shopping. Not the bill footing though!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great sweater ! It is beautiful !

Eva/ Hong Kong

Mary on Wed Mar 23, 12:40:00 AM GMT+8 said...

I love the cardigan - it's a beautiful design and colour. I wonder if I have that Rowan book?...

Anonymous said...

I love the colour and the pattern is really nice.well done! thanks for your comment about using cotton,it does look really nice.
cara
earth mother

Anonymous said...

It's so cute and springy! Great job

 

Webrings I am on

Vintagefusion Knits and Crochets Copyright © 2011 Photos and written content all by Emy unless otherwise indicated.