Monday, March 21, 2005

Time to party!

We've great reasons to celebrate:

1. Ms Saffron debuts!
Finally, she's ready to see the world. The 1st photo is probably closer to the true color of the actual garment.






Pattern: Rowan #25, Saffron
Specs: Sirdar Cotton 4 ply, used 4.1 balls; used 3.25mm needles
Some things to note: I actually lengthened the sleeves by another pattern repeat; about 5cm longer to fit my gorilla arms. And no bullion stitches *yet* -- as much as I like the idea, I don't think I would torture myself on stitching those all over!
Doesn't it seem like a lavendar party is going on? Hop over to Froggy's and you will see what I mean. I am so glad to have another FO so now it's time back to my WIPs and new projects! Yeah!

2. March meetup has a great turnout!
Well, there's 8 of us in total who's turned up - most of them are first timers to our meetup. And we managed to entice a library passerby interested enough that she sat with us throughout the session. Another member, Gwen was so nice to make a quick demo of the magic loop technique.



What a great bunch!


In case you are wondering, posts lately may be intermittent as I am starting my house renovations. So I am have some fun doing material and appliances shopping. Not the bill footing though!

6 comments:

froggyknits.com on Mon Mar 21, 11:22:00 PM GMT+8 said...

your sweater looks fantastic! love the color and the designed texture. well done. the finishing is perfect!

Lauren on Tue Mar 22, 05:12:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Your cardigan sweater looks beautiful! Looks like a very fun time at the knitting group. I am happy to hear that there was such a nice group! :)

Anonymous said...

Great sweater ! It is beautiful !

Eva/ Hong Kong

Mary on Wed Mar 23, 12:40:00 AM GMT+8 said...

I love the cardigan - it's a beautiful design and colour. I wonder if I have that Rowan book?...

Anonymous said...

I love the colour and the pattern is really nice.well done! thanks for your comment about using cotton,it does look really nice.
cara
earth mother

toni on Wed Mar 23, 07:47:00 AM GMT+8 said...

It's so cute and springy! Great job

 

Webrings I am on

Vintagefusion Knits and Crochets Copyright © 2011 Photos and written content all by Emy unless otherwise indicated.