Thursday, March 10, 2005

Saffron behind the curtains

I've gone button shopping to dress her up earlier in the afternoon. There is nothing that catches my fancy. These ones become my final choice as they are small and purple!



I am easy to please at times. (grin) I've bought some yarn intended for my overseas friends. (That latter part of the sentence is my *permanent* excuse...) So I am not showing them here. But if my gal friends don't like those yarn or colors, I can covet them safely for myself huh? It's easy to tell I am in denial.

But hey, I *did* complete a project today so I am entitled to some yarn purchases. Lys also agreed to give me bag discount though I am not sure how much; I'm picking up those yarns tomorrow.

Here's a closeup:



Fooled you, did I? I have taken this photo before I sewed the buttons. I have to use regular thread as the button holes are just too tiny.

By the time you read this, I am all done sewing these up. No finale photo today as I think the curling edge is irking me so much that they will be wet blocked tomorrow. But I promise to get them up within the next couple of days.

Interestingly, this took 4+ balls of Sirdar Pure Cotton 100g. And I still have 3.9 balls in this lavendar color and a ball in white. Any trades?


Getting more projects on hand
I think I need to put up my stash sometime in May for trades so that I can get more exciting yarns. In the meantime, I am probably gonna be sending out some packages this weekend. Some yarn for knitters and completed projects for others.

I've just promised an ex-colleague, a good friend of mine that I would knit up a scarf as a birthday gift for her. As usual, I am always getting myself more knitting projects that I could handle. She wants it white and I am thinking wool for Beijing's cold winter.

Speaking of white, my younger sister also demanded that it's time I knitted her another garment. The first one I made her was about 8 years ago. This project is what I've been *thinking* to knit up for myself.

(Click on the photo if you want to see the book cover)

See the similarity?
1. They are both white and I have no white yarn in my stash.
2. It has cables; just like Mariah!
I am dreaming white cables tonight....


From the comments
Siow Chin asked about the labels. I ordered them from a source in HK with a 1,000 pc minimum. Nope, I didn't think I will be able to use them up in this lifetime. But I just did a quick calculation that proves otherwise.


Assuming if I knit up to the age of 80, there's about another 50 years to go from now.
If I can average 20 FOs per year, that's 50 x 20 = 1000 labels!

To meet these guidelines, I would probably end up with small projects just trying to keep up the numbers. That's wishful thinking but at least, I have managed to use 2 labels so far :)

0 comments:

 

Webrings I am on

Vintagefusion Knits and Crochets Copyright © 2011 Photos and written content all by Emy unless otherwise indicated.