Tuesday, March 29, 2005

I feel good....you know that I would

Sounds familiar? It's from a song whose title I can't quite remember.
That's how I am feeling now: fantabulous*1!

Thanks for all those comments on Ms Royal, ladies. Lauren, I do hope I get to wear her often and no Eilene, I am not gonna hand her over that soon! (grin)
I really hope she'll be a long lasting one in my closet.


FBS
I've got my FBS done up. Her wings are from my wrist to wrist. I figured she looks nice draped on my shoulders, without any ties and stuff. Else she looks squashed against my shoulders. Pardon her wrinkles, she's an old lady -- going to the frog pond twice makes any gal age. She'll be joining the soak party to freshen up soon.



Pattern: Flower Basket Shawl from IK Fall 04
Specs: 4 ply cotton yarn - 1 x 100g ball, used Japan 4 (3.3mm needles)
Some things to note:
I did 16 repeats in total. Some tweaking
is done to the edging pattern as I was running out of yarn then. I was cutting
it real close with this one!


See that tail? It's the last of the yarn!

For the record of 3 FOs this month, I am pretty contented. Afterall, I do need to show where my time goes right? With all these cotton works, I am really interested to get my hands on the Hemp Cotton. I've read about it and wondering if it really knits up and wears as well as cotton?


My twin is out there
When I finished Saffron, I was surprised to see Froggy model
Flo.
Similarities? Color Lilac and both out of Rowan.

Next, I'm done with Ms Royal and next,
Froggy's blast from the past project: let's say I *think* it's Audrey -- and wait a minute, it's blue?!

Duh...don't we all love the multi-hued color palettes & textures of all the yarns out there?


More magazines and patterns!
And then I hopped over to
Earth Mother (I like the sound of that blog) who blogged about the latest IK and VK issues. And in case you are asking me why I am using the same links as Cara does, let's say that VK themselves are not very updated on their site; they still have their Winter issue on!


*1: It's a hybrid of the words: fantastic & fabulous

4 comments:

Doreen on Tue Mar 29, 03:17:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Hi Emy,

Your fbs looks great..Wow you did 16 repeats, I only did 9 repeats it already took ages to finish.

~Cheers~

opportunityknits on Wed Mar 30, 11:28:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Do show a photo of fbs after she's all blocked - I love the way she emerges from the wrinkles to show her pointy edges.

winnie on Sat Apr 02, 10:44:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Hi, how is the FBS in cotton? I plan to make one for a friend of mine because she is allergic to all types of wool. When you block it out does the yarn still reveal the beautiful pattern? Good looking FBS by the way. I'm making one in alpaca right now.

jen on Sat Apr 02, 11:54:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Wow! Love that Flower basket shawl! I'll have to make one next maybe ... Jenifer http://knittingat5337.blogdrive.com

 

Webrings I am on

Vintagefusion Knits and Crochets Copyright © 2011 Photos and written content all by Emy unless otherwise indicated.