Yup, this is the secret thingy I was working on. Just curious how it was gonna turn out.
- knitalongs on others' blogs that makes you want to join
- new issues of knitting magazines with projects that make you go: "I want this and this..."
- going on full blown SeX (Stash Enhancement eXpeditions) and then realizing you want to try out all the yarns you bought
- having too much froggy pond trips with your current project
- needing a quick thrill; after mounting a full fledge garment project
Which brings me to the subject of finishing:
They rank somewhat close to the bottom of my list. I seriously think that the ability to seam well and get fantastic results is very dependent on the mood one is, during the act. I don’t like the act but I do realize it’s a very important element to the end product. Finishing especially on small projects are so tiring that I would much rather knit a mindless stockingnet stockinette project for my hubby.
[Ha...wait till he hears this -- he's been begging me to knit him another sweater in fine cotton so that he could wear it in Singapore. He knows I am *sore* with him; having knitted 2 long sleeved & 1 short sleeved sweater in cotton and linen (no photos yet, I haven't quite laid out those monsters for the shoot.) He hasn't worn them enough to justify me knitting another one for him. He's a dear for wanting them but I am not prepared to go 3mm to knit 350 stitches or more in the round for him!]
Well, not now for sure.