Saturday, April 29, 2006

Hot off the hook!

I brought along my unfinished dress on a shopping trip today -- even though it's really long and unweldy. But hey, that's why my biggie Harrods bag is for! [grin]

Just pardon the lousy photo as usual...I couldn't wait till the next day. Had taken this shot at 11pm when we got home. I'll have to send it for a well-deserved bath tomorrow.

It fits like a second skin!

In fact, it's so fitted that this dress would probably be a reminder of the need for weight maintenance. So maybe I should wear it at least once every 3 months?

Anyway, my students the geniuses suggested that certain conditions have to be met whenever I wish to attempt to put on this dress:

Option 1. Have my hubby around

The least he can do is to help tug it down over my head. Or pull it off if I struggle to take it off.

And should hubby not be available, we'll have to look into Option 2.

Option 2. Have a pair of scissors (ok, make that several pairs) lying within arms' reach

Lest I ever fail to pull the dress off, then I can cut myself out of the dress the way they do in ER (Emergency Room).

Haha...they do have a wicked sense of humor! [grin]

And speaking of hooks, hubby was very disturbed to find this:

In the washing machine! (Gasp!!)

I thought I've checked & cleared all the pockets of the dirty laundry before I throw them into the washing machine. My only suspicion is that I might have snuck this one into my jeans hind pocket when I was getting off the train (if I ever toss it into my biggie Harrods, it does mean a 5 minute search to find that hook amidst the contents!). God, my beloved expensive Clover crochet hook -- I think it's still usable; we'll see!

Obviously Hubby is more worried about the hook damaging the washer. I have to solemnly promise to *triple inspect* all clothings from now on before they get thrown in.

PS. I'll try and consolidate my thoughts about this pattern and have them posted along with the post-washed dress the next time.

29 comments:

Vera on Sat Apr 29, 04:14:00 AM GMT+8 said...

The dress is very impressive. Great job!

I love my Clover hooks,a nd I'm surprised they haven't made it to the washing machine yet.

Anonymous said...

The dress is smashing!! You did a beautiful job!!!

--Deb on Sat Apr 29, 06:51:00 AM GMT+8 said...

That dress looks just gorgeous!!

Ruth on Sat Apr 29, 10:00:00 AM GMT+8 said...

goodness, that is so pretty!!! you did a great job! =)

Anonymous said...

WOW! I can't believe how beautiful the dress looks on you, that's certainly a true piece of art and you did an AMAZING job with that! Now, if I would just be as beautifully slim as you are, I'd try my hands at it as well, but unfortunately... Great, great job done!

Pyo on Sat Apr 29, 08:34:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Hello there,
you did a wonderful job on this dress, it fits perfectly!
I hope your crochet hook made it!

Unknown on Sat Apr 29, 10:18:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Great job!

Amanda on Sun Apr 30, 02:04:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Wow! I'm speechless...

Anonymous said...

The dress is gorgeous! GORGEOUS! Well worth the wait! =)

Julie P on Sun Apr 30, 12:24:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Very Nice Dress - it looks great on you! I do hope your hook is still usable, clean but usable.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful.

Necia

Anonymous said...

AMAZING!!! I'm BEYOND impressed! It's perfect on you!!! Wish I had your figure -- I'd be "casting on" for it right now!!!

Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I have a few questions. I'm preparing for my next episode of CrochetCast and (if it's okay with you) I'd like to share your wonderful dress with my listeners. Can you tell me what yarn you substituted for the called for yarn and what size dress you made (for reference)? Any other modifications (other than shortening it) that you made?

Thanks!

tekopp on Mon May 01, 02:00:00 AM GMT+8 said...

yup, I really need to be that good with a hook. gorgeus girl :D

Erica Bunker on Mon May 01, 02:47:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Fantastic job!

Knittypants on Mon May 01, 05:31:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous dress.

Chibisan on Mon May 01, 07:42:00 AM GMT+8 said...

As I am on a crochet kick at the moment, I had to stop and say "WOW" when I saw your dress! That is amazing!

celia on Mon May 01, 11:07:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Amazing work, Emy!
Pity about the hook. I hoppe it isn't toooo damaged..

Tandi on Mon May 01, 11:15:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Gorgeous dress, that is amazing. Great job!

MsFortuknit on Tue May 02, 06:30:00 AM GMT+8 said...

gorgeous! Isnt the new interweave something?

Mimi on Tue May 02, 08:41:00 AM GMT+8 said...

It looks terrific on you! You crochet it so quickly...

Gina on Tue May 02, 11:57:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Completely and utterly fantastic!!

Anonymous said...

The dress is amazing!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome job! And the fit is just great on you.

Doreen on Wed May 03, 12:19:00 PM GMT+8 said...

This is really gorgeous. You did a good job. It fits you so well. I'm attempting a dress too, I think it might took me a while to finish knitting it.

knottygnome on Thu May 04, 12:52:00 AM GMT+8 said...

what a gorgeous dress! awesome job.

TheSteph on Thu May 04, 12:54:00 PM GMT+8 said...

That dress is awesome! If you're in for another kal or cal, you can join the one skein kal @ http://oneskein.blogspot.com. :) Happy "c"-ing. :) Great work.

Rain on Thu May 04, 06:00:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Your dress is beautiful and it looks great on you.

Faerynuff on Fri May 05, 10:34:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Gorgeous!

 

Webrings I am on

Vintagefusion Knits and Crochets Copyright © 2011 Photos and written content all by Emy unless otherwise indicated.