Thursday, April 27, 2006

All buttoned up

I am not referring to the dress as it's totally buttonless. In fact, you just slip it on. I'm now on the last 2 rows of 600+ stitches and is going ever slowly to ensure that I don't have to rip out too much.


Besides, I do have the excuse of preparing lesson instructions and yarn ordering, inventorizing etc -- all of which are eating into my crochet time?

Remember the sari bag? Last week, I also went for the button shopping trip. It was the second one as I couldn't find anything I liked in the previous trip where I visited 2 stores. The buttons I saw are either synthetic (read: plasticky, tacking looking) or not sufficiently big enough.

I did, however, chanced upon this lovely wooden button.



It contrasts nicely with the sari yarn bag and is simple & chic. Here is another photo of my carrying it.


Please just kindly ignore my flabby arm and refrain from making any comments about it -- it's hard enough to shoot myself with the other hand as it is. [grin] As you can see, it's good enough to contain my cards, tissue paper, keys and my mobile phone when I head out. This bag is going for a test drive with me soon.

As for the dress, if I work hard enough; the crochet hook should be off in another day or two.

6 comments:

Vera on Fri Apr 28, 12:35:00 AM GMT+8 said...

That dress is going to lovely! Looking forward to seeing it all done!

Unknown on Fri Apr 28, 10:18:00 AM GMT+8 said...

I love the bag! The button is perfect! What arm...LOL.

I am looking forward to seeing the dress when it is finished!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the finished dress....Oh, the suspense! =)

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I can't believe how gorgeous this dress is already looking, I can't wait to see it all blocked and finished in all its glory - it's going to be a true work of art!

Mimi on Fri Apr 28, 05:08:00 PM GMT+8 said...

The bag is cute and the button fits nicely. Oh your dress,it's almost here....
If you consider your arms flabby, then you can't see mine... :D

Unknown on Fri May 12, 10:04:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Love the way your bag turned out. I've still not managed to wash mine yet....need to get on it. I like the idea of a button though. I might have to look into it. I've got some left over thread to make a closuer too...hmmm...good idea!

 

Webrings I am on

Vintagefusion Knits and Crochets Copyright © 2011 Photos and written content all by Emy unless otherwise indicated.