- Knitting or crocheting only from stash or SABLE (really, what's the fun if you can't do yarn shopping?)
- Finishing up the WIPs (I have too many to count.)
- Starting a new project for each WIP completed (if I do that, I just might not have any new projects started for 2011!)
I would say:
- Just knit and crochet the projects that matter to you.
- It's ok to have more than 3 projects at the same time and start a new one if the whim hits you.
- Be honest with yourself -- if you really feel that the WIP is not turning out to be something you'll like, then take the plunge and purge it. Or fix it if you can.
- If the WIPs turn into UFOs and you are still not feeling the mood to get working on them, then get rid of them.
- Likewise, for the FOs -- if you just don't use them, why hold on to them?
And also some garment projects. I have not done anything to those yet as they are everywhere in the yarn room. Perhaps when I put these WIPs together, I'll make a decision of what stays and what goes.
Did I also mention that I have tossed quite a huge amount of yarn shadecards? Many of them are discontinued or duplicated. And there are some yarn ranges that just don't strike my fancy. So out they go too!
I'll consider that I am doing my Chinese New Year spring cleaning in advance -- this year, CNY falls on Feb 04 so it's less than a month to the festive season. And since it's a big deal to us Chinese (not to mention we get two official Public Holidays), I am hoping to get some headstart in the "getting rid of the old, to welcome the new."