Friday, May 15, 2009

Amigurumi giraffe (plus pattern link)

I've blogged too much about my WIPs and UFOs. But there's one thing I got around to starting and completing within this year!

lion brand crocheted amigurumi toy giraffe singapore

This is something that I started in Feb. It's been a while since I knitted or crocheted anything for my niece or nephew so I thought a crochet toy should be a quick project.

While the crochet went on quickly, the finishing bit is slow-going. There are 8 parts to this toy giraffe or amigurumi (a link to wiki for explanation if you are interested) as they call it:
  • 4 limbs
  • 2 ears
  • the body
  • the tail
Oh, and did I mention the spots?

I was very tempted to leave it spotless. I just really detest doing any more sewing than necessary. But you can't give the kids the wrong impression right?

crocheted amigurumi toy giraffe with spots asia singapore

I am very pleased when the spots are eventually sewn.

PS. For those interested, the project is from Lionbrand.

1 comments:

Annie on Thu May 28, 07:08:00 PM GMT+8 said...

cute little giraffe

 

Webrings I am on

Vintagefusion Knits and Crochets Copyright © 2011 Photos and written content all by Emy unless otherwise indicated.