Wednesday, January 4, 2006

Dyeing fun!

After returning from my trip, I had students calling me immediately for knitting lessons. That was the last week of the year. So I decided to try something else.


Little N came over and we had fun transforming this ball of Merino yarn (yes, we do not spare the expenses)

to this:


And Little N enjoyed the ball winder part most (we're always casual in this apartment.)


I would have loved to show the process, except that in the excitement of doing the dye; we both forgot all about the existence of the camera.

I am not sure what plans she has for this lovely ball of yarn but I'm almost done with the first of the size 12 socks.

4 comments:

Ruth on Thu Jan 05, 02:54:00 AM GMT+8 said...

how fun!! hope you had an enjoyable trip! happy new year =)

StarKnits on Thu Jan 05, 07:59:00 AM GMT+8 said...

that looks lovely! my dh has a pair of size 13 dogz LOL and i knit him a pair of sock and finished around thanksgiving. it took forever! but he wears them so i'm happy!

Agnes on Thu Jan 05, 11:44:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Lovely colours! What is this little ball of loveliness going to be?

Lil Ole Me on Wed Sep 26, 09:16:00 PM GMT+8 said...

You knit such pretty stuff! =D oh oh, do you sell the yarn winders in your class? if not, may i know how can i get my hands on one? TQ!

 

Webrings I am on

Vintagefusion Knits and Crochets Copyright © 2011 Photos and written content all by Emy unless otherwise indicated.