Thursday, September 22, 2005

Zira sees the old & new of Singapore

As part of Zira's world tour, she's decided to find out more about Singapore.

Here she is, having a view out of our unit. Most Singaporeans stay in HDB housing estates or flats as we normally refer to them.



Then last night, we made a trip to an idyllic place for dinner...[yes, Singapore's all about food!]


This place is tucked in a quaint corner of Singapore. It's actually nestled amongst the landed properties. They serve huge portions of Texan cuisine...the onion rings are yum!

And check out the provision shop next to it!

These are the ones that we've grown up with during the 70s to late 80s. They sell a whole array of household items like detergent, soap, brooms to necessities like rice, condiments and also stuff drinks and snacks. The shop lady had to come out and look at what I was doing! LOL

Oh, and see this?

They're called bottle trees. Originally from Australia, we heard that the owners uprooted and transported these trees to Singapore at a cost of S$30 grand each! Wow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good lordy, those trees look massive! I've seen them in Australia, but never quite as large as these - I guess the really old and big ones are tucked somewhere in the national parks, and off the beaten track.

By the way, thanks for dropping my my blog! :) I'll be sure to let you know if I find any cheap yarn in Australia! :) (I DID find some 20g balls of acrylic for 50 cents at an op shop. Don't think it's that great a buy, but hey, I've got yarn!)

IndigoMuse on Fri Sep 23, 11:45:00 PM GMT+8 said...

I can't believe I've missed Zira's adventure this week. I've been so busy that I forgot to check in with your blog. I apologize for not visiting sooner. I'll be sure to edit my recent post so everyone can see what she's been up to in Singapore.

BTW, I'm looking for a yarn sources for my classes that I'm teaching this fall. I'd love to know where you've been getting yours.

Tanya

 

Webrings I am on

Vintagefusion Knits and Crochets Copyright © 2011 Photos and written content all by Emy unless otherwise indicated.