Monday, July 11, 2005

My foot!

No, you won't get to see mine. The sock I am knitting up for my Sockapal2za partner is a size 9" whereas I wear size 6. So no modelling assignment this time.



I have decided to use Knitty's Broadripple pattern - the pattern just shows beautifully on the Rowan Cashcotton, don't you think? Hmm, and I just realized the shade I have is called Chintz.

And you are seeing right: I have used dpns which is totally unlike me. Those dpns were sitting there on the shelf mocking at me as I searched in vain for some available circular needles to cast on.

But apparently, those 3.25mm circs have decided to join the WIP party bash and are terribly occupied. Not only that, the WIP party is organized in some well-obscured locations (read: my sealed cartons that are now moved to the new apartment) where I do not have easy access at the moment. Let the dpns mock and shame me, at least the project is off the ground!

However, the soft texture of Cashcotton going through my fingers more than made up for my putting up with the dpns. Would I dare dream of snagging this pair when it's done?

Casting on a 2nd pair is a solution. Perhaps
(until I attempt complete the other swap projects and WIPs, that is.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The sock looks so beautiful in the solid coloured yarn! And wow, the transformation in your apartment is amazing. Can't wait to see how your yarn room is turning out. I'm going to show it to my husband.

opportunityknits on Mon Jul 11, 02:33:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Those are pretty what-you-call-them zig zags (chevrons)? Glad to know the cashsoft is so soft to work with.

alison on Tue Jul 12, 12:04:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Very nice. That color is so classy!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, Broad Ripple looks good in a solid color! I made a crazy stripy pair a while back, and the pattern looks so different in a solid. You seen the diagonal stripes more instead of the ripple. Nice work!

emy on Wed Jul 13, 08:17:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Thanks for the comments on the sock. I love the chevron & wave look and is glad the pattern turned out pretty in plain.

As for the yarn room? We might be starting out with a knitty corner first. That slated-to-be yarn room is now storage until we unpack everything. LOL

Anonymous said...

The sock looks lovely. The color is beautiful, and I've heard the yarn is really nice to work with as well. I'm sure your exchange person will love them.

 

Webrings I am on

Vintagefusion Knits and Crochets Copyright © 2011 Photos and written content all by Emy unless otherwise indicated.