Thursday, July 28, 2005

Back and ready

The past week has been about moving (not me, hubby and his friend did them all). Hubby was nice enough to let me go for a much needed holiday break alone. So I did just that! Went to Shanghai.

It was all lovely and I got to eat lots of great food and meet new friends. Of course I brought my knitting along so that I could work on them.

Here are some of the FOs.


My sockpal2za socks is all done!

They are looking so luscious and there's partial ball left which I would enclose for my sock pal so that she can have a bit of fun with it. Or keep it for darning emergencies.

Pattern: Broadripple from Knitty
Specs: 1.3 ball Rown Cashcotton Yarn, Japanese size 3 needles
Some things to note: Easy to understand and looks great with plain color yarns too
Time taken: about 2 weeks


Winter is here!
I know it's still many months away but everyone needs winter clothing right? So for my Knit.Sew swap partner, I knitted the following items.


Pattern: Coronet winter hat from Knitty
Specs: 3 balls of Cleckheaton wool, 4mm needles
Some things to note: I was anal about the decreasing so I fiddled with it. I also cropped about 1-2 inches off the total length as I found it to be too long from the brim to the top
Time taken: about 2 weeks

A skinny scarf, anyone?

Can't you tell I love asymetrical styles?

I also wound some yarn I bought while in Shanghai, tried some stitches and knitted this skinny scarf. If anyone's interested, I'll be posting the pattern here later - I just needed to try and *read* it coz I just knitted it up without jotting any notes.

New knitter born!
With all that knitting, I have managed to influence and groom a knitter!

See this scarf? This is her first FO! I am so impressed by her. You can read more about the experience here.

And now, I am going off to unpack the stuff that was moved to the new house! Whoever thought that hubby and I would have accumulated so much stash - he with his box collections and me with my yarn and pattern books!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have been knitting up a storm!
Nice work!!

Agnes on Thu Jul 28, 10:57:00 PM GMT+8 said...

I have been wondering where you've gone ... so you're having fun in Shanghai! I've never been there, but everyone who did said the place is nice and the good is excellent!
You've got a lot of stuff done too! I like the socks ... lucky sock pal! ;)

celia on Fri Jul 29, 06:43:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Hi Emy!

I love your assymetrical scarf! Great work. And my oh my, I m so impressed by the other scarf. The stitches look nice and even. A great achievement. Does not look like a first time effort at all.

celia

The MacKay Way on Sat Jul 30, 04:08:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Wow - hats and scarves aplenty! Looks great!

alison on Tue Aug 02, 10:24:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Gorgeous socks! And I love that little scarf. Can't wait for the pattern. I've got a little bit of FAAAAABULOUS yarn that it would be perfect for.

 

Webrings I am on

Vintagefusion Knits and Crochets Copyright © 2011 Photos and written content all by Emy unless otherwise indicated.