Thursday, June 30, 2005

Weird dreams

I have been having weird dreams lately.

On Monday night, I dreamt that I was using some Classic Elite Recycled Qiviut (?!) and knitting using
Holz & Stein circular needles. Alright, we all know Classic Elite isn't available in Singapore. And Qiviut is some rare breed that I haven't even touched. Where on earth did that word recycled even sneaked in? [I reckon that it might be the Recycled Himalayan Silk that I was balling up, by hand the other day.]


Apart from the recycled Silk, I haven't got any of the above. Must be my inner droolings or the limited knitting activities last week that caused this dream.


As if this is not enough, I had a foodie dream last night. I was dreaming of piping hot tau sar piah (it's a Hokkien pronounication for "bean biscuit" literally translated). If you want to know what it is, here's a
link. (Check out the 3rd photo on the 1st and 2nd rows.) This website is a great place for you to check out all the fabulous local food if you ever decide to visit Singapore. [Can't you tell I obviously love food?]

So now I have a craving for it. I'm off to lunch and to grab some of these.


In case anyone thinks I am slacking, here's a sneak peek of a project I am doing for a swap partner.


2 comments:

Mimi on Thu Jun 30, 10:29:00 PM GMT+8 said...

It must be passion for knitting! I love to dream with yarn or anything related to knitting! :)

Anonymous said...

If you would like some Classic Elite, let me know. They just reopened the factory store this week, though by all accounts the selection isn't great. However, I've found at least three local shops that are pretty well stocked with CE summer yarns in a wide range of colors.

 

Webrings I am on

Vintagefusion Knits and Crochets Copyright © 2011 Photos and written content all by Emy unless otherwise indicated.