Wednesday, June 1, 2005

SP5 list

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I love to use natural fibers where possible. However, having said that, with baby or accessory items, it's not uncommon to see me using acrylic or synethic blends. All I ask for is that they do not feel plasticky on the hands. Afterall, knitting and crochet is a hi-touch craft.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I do crochet, in fact I knew crochet even before I started knitting.
I haven't got into spinning but that's my next target.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
If I could help it, I'll avoid smoke as it makes my eyes red.
No heavy perfumery as I have an allergic nose.

4. How long have you been knitting?
It's 11 years this year.


5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
There's one
here.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I love sandalwood, ylang ylang, rose and lavendar.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Chocolates' my lifeline. I love plain milk and dark chocolate; no fillings. And no mint please!

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I am into beading & crochet at the moment. I would love to get into spinning too :)

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I love fusion jazz and smooth grooves.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I'll avoid greens and tawny browns as I have a yellow skin base. Otherwise, most deep dark colors are my favorites.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Married to hubby who is a Omega fanatic. No pets.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
To be able to work from home (yeah, staying home not working for the past 6 mths has been a challenge!) in a dream job that makes people happy and me happy. Like a yarn or craft store of sorts. Maybe some volunteer work too.


13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Contrary to most, I love to work with cotton and cotton blends; mainly in view of Singapore's weather. Anything that is pretty gets me as well. Like handpainted yarns.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Nothing so far that I have detested. Unless they really drag on my needles or chaf my fingers.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
I love cables! The celtic ones are really cool but I haven't gotten to them yet. I also love any unusual designs that flatter slender body shapes.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I love to knit sweaters and tank tops as they are wearable in our weather.

17. What are you knitting right now?
A cabled hoodie cardi for my sister.

18. What do you think about ponchos?
Not something that I could wear in Singapore. Shrugs will probably do much better.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Circulars absolutely!

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
In the very same order though I have only 2 pairs of bamboo so far. I don't like plastic as they don't work well with cotton at all. I am still on the lookout for small size circulars (smaller than 2mm). I would love to try those ebony, rosewood or Bryspun needles if there's a chance.

21. Are you a sock knitter?
Yes. I have knitted up a pair. Really plain ones from toe up which I love as I have skinny feet :P

22. How did you learn to knit?
At 18, decided that I needed some way to tame my fiery temper. Walked right into a knitting store and figured that the repetitive motions will create some zen rhythm for me and that's it!

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
If *it* can be classified as a being, she'll be 10 this year.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
I love dolphins.

25. What is your favorite holiday?
I hope to have a chance to attend Stitches or the Maryland festival one of these days.

26. Is there anything that you collect?
I am beginning to collect beads, zippers and buttons - all in the name of crafting. But I also collect Omega memorabilia with my hubby.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
None so far. I just pick them up occasionally at the stores.

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
I have them listed in Amazon.

0 comments:

 

Webrings I am on

Vintagefusion Knits and Crochets Copyright © 2011 Photos and written content all by Emy unless otherwise indicated.