Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Ring happy

Thanks for all the well wishes!

It's heartwarming to know that you gals are out there reading my blog and are so generous and thoughtful with your kind words when I am down. There are times when I wondered if there's an audience out there or do people just whizz by my blog but this time you have affirmed my belief, that you dear readers are out there!

Here's what I did in the waking hours for the past 2 days:-
1. sewed buttons onto the baby dress - finally but you won't get to see it again as the crocheted edges need ironing.
2. Did some more crocheting

See these?








Maybe it's just the randomness.
Maybe it's the mindlessness.
But whatever the case, the beaded freeform crochet is really appealing to my other personality. It takes me off the necessity of reading charts or lengths of instructions and there's no measuring to be done; except wrapping them around my finger for eyeballing (does that count?) - very liberating.

I bought more leather in a variety of colors to experiment with. I'll probably make a whole stash and put them up
here if there's any interest.

5 comments:

Mlle F. on Wed Jun 22, 06:07:00 PM GMT+8 said...

hey, for a jean-T-shirt person, i think you knit pretty origunal interesting things !! (yep, i went to see your gallery, worth visiting, thanks Emy!)

opportunityknits on Wed Jun 22, 07:30:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Of course we're here and we're reading! I've been thinking of crocheting a choker like this, only thinking.

Anonymous said...

Those are really pretty & original. You should make a bunch & take them to a boutique & see if they will sell them. I bet they would!!!

Anonymous said...

Great rings, Emy. I agree with Eilene, I bet you could sell those either at a craft fair or a boutique. They are quite original. I love the one with the knot.

- MJ

Anonymous said...

Very cool crochet! Awesome, keep up the great work!
G.

 

Webrings I am on

Vintagefusion Knits and Crochets Copyright © 2011 Photos and written content all by Emy unless otherwise indicated.